Verizon Needs to Help Itself Before it Can Help Others
Ratickle01

Today my Set Top Box (STB) stopped working.  I called Verizon and the support technician tried several things to no avail and finally concluded that the box had a hardware failure.  The technician said they could mail me out a replacement but it would be Tuesday before I got the replacement since the failure occurred on a Saturday.

I asked if there was a Verizon store where I could go to swap my STB.  The technician looked it up and said "Yes, only three miles away in Totowa, NJ".  So, I got in the car with my defective STB and drove to Totowa, NJ.  Inside, it was the usually Verizon store mad-house.  When I did get to talk to a Verizon employee, I was informed that "The Totowa, NJ store does NOT accept or swap FiOS equipment."

NIce going Verizon.  Sending me on a wild-goose chase.  Please update your internal information so that it is correct!  I'm beginning to think that going back to the cable company might be a good idea.  I still have a dead STB and no FiOS TV.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Needs to Help Itself Before it Can Help Others
jweiland11
Contributor - Level 1

I had a problem with a set top box about a month ago & a verizon employee told me i could swap the box at a verizon wireless store. Really why is verizon telling people they can swap their boxes at a verizon wireless store when this is not true? Luckily i called the verizon wireless store first before wasting a trip & gas.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Needs to Help Itself Before it Can Help Others
Justin46
Legend

@Ratickle01 wrote:

Today my Set Top Box (STB) stopped working.  I called Verizon and the support technician tried several things to no avail and finally concluded that the box had a hardware failure.  The technician said they could mail me out a replacement but it would be Tuesday before I got the replacement since the failure occurred on a Saturday.

I asked if there was a Verizon store where I could go to swap my STB.  The technician looked it up and said "Yes, only three miles away in Totowa, NJ".  So, I got in the car with my defective STB and drove to Totowa, NJ.  Inside, it was the usually Verizon store mad-house.  When I did get to talk to a Verizon employee, I was informed that "The Totowa, NJ store does NOT accept or swap FiOS equipment."

NIce going Verizon.  Sending me on a wild-goose chase.  Please update your internal information so that it is correct!  I'm beginning to think that going back to the cable company might be a good idea.  I still have a dead STB and no FiOS TV.

They do have the correct information. Here is a link to a web page you can check that lists the stores in NJ and what services they provide at each store:

http://www22.verizon.com/home/storelocatorresults/?State=NJ&SName=New+Jersey

The entry for Totowa, NJ says "Consumer High Speed Internet, FiOS Internet, FiOS TV, No FiOS Eqpt Returns / Pickups". So (presumably) accurate information is available inside and outside Verizon, shame on the rep for sending you on a wild-goose chase, but also clearly it is always a good idea to call a store to make sure they provide the service you need before you go.

A couple of months ago I needed a new remote for an STB and I knew there was a store locally, but I called first to verify they had a remote to give me, and it turned out Verizon had closed that store. So then I went looking on the web for another store, found one near where I was going that week, and called and verified that they had a remote before I went by. So I guess I was lucky, but it just proves it is always a good idea to call first.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes