Verizon discontinued my NFL Red Zone and are charging extra for itl!!!
petyaboltz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer since the beginning of 2013 and completely satisfied with my service until now.

Last week (11/08/2015), I altered my existing 2-year service agreement from Extreme HD with Fios 75/35 $104.99 to Double Play with Fios 75/35 $89.99. As an unforeseen and unauthorized consequence, Verizon removed my NFL Red Zone channel, for which I was charged $69.99 on 9/22/2015, one-time yearly charge!

Today, I immediately called Verizon at 1pm with the NFL Kick-Off, as the channel did not turn on, only to find out I will be charged $11.99/mo. after being on the phone for 30 minutes with two different customer service representatives.

So to put this in perspective - with my 2 year agreement I should have paid about $140 (eah year $69.99), now with their monthly charge i will end up spending $288....!!!

I hope I can catch management’s attention to help me understand this terriible treatment by Verizon…

First, why was the NFL Red Zone channel removed from my account without my authorization, and why was there no refund for it?

I was never asked and did not consent to the removal of the NFL Red Zone channel when I altered my package on 11/08/2015 with the help of customer service representative. My estimated monthly charges printout noted my existing HBO/Cinemax monthly service but I did not question the NFL Red Zone service missing due to the fact that it is a one-time yearly charge, for which I was already billed and paid for on 09/22/2015.

Second, since I did not sign a new 2-year agreement, why was the so called “grandfathered” (as the agent on the phone today said) $69.99 one-time yearly charge suddenly not applicable to me?

I am extremely disappointed by Verizon! I had the chance to switch to Comcast this year before renewing for another 2 years... but I have been a loyal customer for years now.

If anyone is looking for advise before signing with Verizon - RUN, TRUST ME, THEY DO NOT CARE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS... ONLY FOR THEIR MONEY!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon discontinued my NFL Red Zone and are charging extra for itl!!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi petyaboltz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes