Verizon is Listening ...
Kathleen
VZ Employee Emeritus

On February 13, 2009 CGFPA sent me a private message about the set top box light being too bright. 

Kathleen,

This is a minor issue/irritant, but it is an issue now that EVERY tv must have a STB to connect (as opposed to just being hooked up to a cable on the first 125 analog  channels). I noticed than none of the STB's has a setting for dimming the LED on the front of the unit. Is there some way in a menu somewhere, or a key set sequence to dim the front panel LED? It is SUPER bright in every room, and is causing us to block the light at night to keep it dimmed. If there is no switch, is there a product that we could place over the display (Mylar film) that would dim the unit so it would not flood the room with light (it is like waking up to a new car with those yellow mecury-vapor lights headed toward you..Ouch!) . Is Motorola aware of this? What is their response if none from Verizon?

Thank You!

CGFPa

As a result of this message, Verizon accelerated it's efforts to deliver functionality to answer this need.  Please see an excerpt from a recent press release below:

"Not only are Verizon customers obtaining help from fellow users, but Verizon is also watching for ideas to improve product offerings. For example, a recent post from a consumer about the bright display from a FiOS TV set-top box led the company to accelerate the delivery of a light-dimming feature in set-top box software upgrades provided to FiOS TV customers." 

We are listening and thank you for being a part of the Community.  To read the entire press release, please find the Verizon's Online Community Forums Provide Enhanced Customer Service article.

Regards,

Message Edited by Kathleen on 04-21-2009 02:01 PM
0 Likes
Re: Verizon is Listening ...
emkorial
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great! So while we have a channal guide that is frequently wrong, lacks episode descriptions, and is hard to navigate, On Demand that won't let us FF or Rewind, far less On Demand content than other TV providers, and a multi room DVR that randomly drops the connection, at least we can have a solution to such a pressing problem as the front display luminosity.

Actually, I already found a way to solve this problem myself. It's an incredible solution that I figured out using my genius level IQ. It's called a piece of tape.

Message Edited by emkorial on 04-21-2009 02:49 PM
Re: Verizon is Listening ...
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

Kathleen,

Thanks for the info.  It's definitely encouraging to hear that they are indeed listening to customer concerns.

0 Likes