Verizon, please answer these nagging questions about FiOS TV?
TheTechMan
Enthusiast - Level 3

1.  Why is the timeout for On-Demand set to 3 minutes, or anything?  Why can't I pause an On Demand title, go the bathroom, go to the kitchen, make some popcorn, then come in and resume what I'm watching?

2.  Why can't I fast forward or rewind at faster speeds?  I only can FF or Rew at single speed, where sometimes, after you've timed out my viewing session and lost where I was in my playback, I have to fast forward through 85% of what I just watched, taking 20-25 minutes, to get back to where I was?  Seems like you could alleviate 2. with a fix to 1., but I'd prefer both features...

3.   Why is the weekly EBS Test done nightly, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a night?  Can't you just do the test on Sunday morning at 4 AM like everyone else used to do?  And why does it have to reset my cable box when it's done?  Why do you have to take complete control over the box to accomplish this?

4.   If I'm recording something and pause it for a half-hour, why don't you start where I paused it instead of jumping me to real-time, making me miss 30 minutes or more of the show I'm watching?  I have to go in and do something to the effect of 2. to jump back to where I left off.

I think these three things are the reason I'm giving up on FiOS TV.  If I can't see it fixed soon, I'm cancelling my TV service.  I don't think Verizon cares to make their service better, I think they only care to take away more channels each month.

An ybody have counter-opinions, or better, news that someone is going to start caring at Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon, please answer these nagging questions about FiOS TV?
PJL
Master - Level 3

FYI:  This forum is peer-to-peer (we help eachother out with suggestions, etc.).  Verizon personnel rarely respond.  You might want to post these comments at http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas