Verizon pop up box
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. The last week or so, I have been getting a pop up box that says "COMPLETE VERIZON INTERNET SERVICE ACTIVATION."  Could someone please tell me what this is and why I need to activate?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Verizon pop up box
Latte1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been getting the same thing.  I hope someone can answer our question as I am afraid to do it lest it be a virus.

0 Likes
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not nervous about it being a virus, I just want to know why they keep downloading stuff I don't want without my permission, and now this pop up for the activation. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is this in the wrong forum? I'm surprised that NO ONE can answer this question. Is there an administrator or moderator that can help?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

The forum moderators do not work for Verizon, and cannot answer questions on products or services. Plus, this is a holiday weekend. Patience, and I'm sure someone will be along. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 If your issue is that

I am getting a pop up saying "complete verizon internet service activation". When I hit ignore it keeps coming back the next day. I've had Fios since last May, so why am I getting this pop up? It started on the 30th. When I hit the register button it asks me for my phone number I put it in and no suprise it says phone number already registered. So what should I do now?

#2 Then try going to your control panel on your computer.....click on add or remove programs.....find the Verizon Fios Activation...click to remove it...should take care of your problem.

^^

0 Likes
Latte1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't want to remove it if we need it.  Need to find out what it is and why we should get it.  I understand that everyone is going to get it from one of the phone techs who by the way didn't know too much.

0 Likes
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

@dragonlady wrote:

Is this in the wrong forum? I'm surprised that NO ONE can answer this question. Is there an administrator or moderator that can help?

This should probably be in the FIOS Internet folder..

Not all posts in here get an offical response. If you look at the top of these forums you will see the quote below.

These Forums are a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us.

I did find some comments on another board

"I talked to Verizon support, they have had several calls about this, and apparently it is tied to MSN premium which is no longer bundled with Verizon. Also same for any other internet service that is no longer bundled. They have to make a change to unbundle it in my account—and they only do that on Thursdays. A ticket was created to do so.

The tech said this should fix the problem, but did not know if the popup would run one more time or not. Should be fixed by late next Thursday (Jan7th). Advised me to wait till Friday and run the activation again if it shows up."

0 Likes