Verizon remote channel up down button changes channel and volume
geotv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone know how to fix the issue with the remote changing the volume everytime I press the channel up and down button?

Ive already reset the remote three times following Verizons remote control instructions and re-entered the TV code and it still does it.  Is the remote bad or if I go throught the process of returning it will the new remote most likely do the same thing?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon remote channel up down button changes channel and volume
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

does the remote work with other STBs.   Either replace the Remote or replace the STB.  try changing batteries on the remote. 

0 Likes
geotv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, it has brand new batteries and the remote is brand new out of the plastic.  This STB doesnt operate volume so its the crosstalk between the remote and TV.  Im just wondering if anyone has this issue.   You can turn the box off and the remote will still change the TV volume if you hit the channel up or down. 

I have two other remotes I will try the other two and post the results to see if its a broken remote or Verizon issue.

0 Likes
geotv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:  I swapped out my two other remotes and they do the exact same thing, so it isnt a broken remote unless all three brand new remotes are bad.

Anyone?

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

What does the TV remote do to the same commands?

HAve you looked at/played with the various audio control options in the STB Menu.

SHould be under Menu==>setting===>audio or some such

Is there a setting in the TV menu (not the STB menu) which addresses options in control of audio?

Have you googled to see if there is a known problem/fix?  E.G. "Sony TV model xxx-xxxxxxx FiOS volume/channel control problem"

Just some thoughts

0 Likes
geotv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks these are the smaller boxes that dont have any menu options.  Im guessing its crosstalk between the type of TV and the remote signals verizon uses.  These little boxes are aggravating anyways as I didnt realize there is no guide or way to save favorites on them.  I'll just get the more expensive boxes and hope it has some menu options to fix the problem.  If that doesnt work (along with fixing my garbled picture on multiple channels) its back to Comcast.  These issues are crazy.

0 Likes