Verizon stream tv box stuck in recovery mode
Captn1

I've had the Verizon Stream TV box for about 6 months. Today when I came home it is showing the "Android Recovery" screen. The remote still works to turn the TV volume up and down, but the stream box itself won't accept inputs from the remote so I can't scroll through the menu to choose an option. I've rebooted my router and the stream box several times to no effect

0 Likes
Re: Verizon stream tv box stuck in recovery mode
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not familiar with the Stream TV unit, but, based upon the description of the trouble, it sounds like it needs to be replaced.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Captn1 wrote:

I've had the Verizon Stream TV box for about 6 months. Today when I came home it is showing the "Android Recovery" screen. The remote still works to turn the TV volume up and down, but the stream box itself won't accept inputs from the remote so I can't scroll through the menu to choose an option. I've rebooted my router and the stream box several times to no effect

When you re-booted, did you remove the power for at least 3 minutes to the stream box, or just reboot? If you didn't remove power, give it a shot.

AlexDG

Well, this just happened to me too. Maybe an update bricked it? I can’t seam to get it to boot out of recovery mode no matter what I try…

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would reach out to Verizon Customer Service. The unit may need to be replaced. 🤔

Verizon stream stuck in recovery mode
Tsaffouri
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m seeing a few post on here with the same problem, but no one has provided a solution. I have a Samsung smart tv also bought last year 

my verizon tv stream unit is stuck in the android recovery mode and won’t let me click anything. The remote works since I can still power on/off and change the volume.

I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in multiple times and nothing. 

I also tried to “chat with support” and they keep saying “we are looking up your account” and I’ve been sitting here for 15 minutes and now they won’t respond. 

Please help since I’m clearly not the only one with this problem 

Re: Verizon stream stuck in recovery mode
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would call  Verizon Customer Support and speak directly to a representative.

My gut feeling is that the update that appears to have negatively impacted the devices will be pulled.

Verizon might have to ship replacement units, but, as a Verizon Customer, I can't say for sure what steps the company will take.

Re: Verizon stream stuck in recovery mode
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Tsaffouri wrote:

I’m seeing a few post on here with the same problem, but no one has provided a solution. I have a Samsung smart tv also bought last year 

my verizon tv stream unit is stuck in the android recovery mode and won’t let me click anything. The remote works since I can still power on/off and change the volume.

I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in multiple times and nothing. 

I also tried to “chat with support” and they keep saying “we are looking up your account” and I’ve been sitting here for 15 minutes and now they won’t respond. 

Please help since I’m clearly not the only one with this problem 

We need to know if you have an Askey or WNC device.

Stream Tv has error screen and nothing works
TKndahouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

 I get this screen when I turn it on. Note it says ‘boot system now’ but I get no response from my remote when trying to navigate.
Have tried unplugging both ac and hdmi but get the same screen. Is this stream tv redeemable? Any advice is appreciated.

Re: Stream Tv has error screen and nothing works
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like the latest firmware update has impacted the Stream TV unit. My suggestion was to contact Verizon Customer Support as the devices may need to be replaced if the Support rep cannot get them restored.