Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Verizon stream tv box stuck in recovery mode

Captn1
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon stream tv box stuck in recovery mode

Message 1 of 21
(3,031 Views)

I've had the Verizon Stream TV box for about 6 months. Today when I came home it is showing the "Android Recovery" screen. The remote still works to turn the TV volume up and down, but the stream box itself won't accept inputs from the remote so I can't scroll through the menu to choose an option. I've rebooted my router and the stream box several times to no effect

20 REPLIES 20
dexman
All Star
All Star

Re: Verizon stream tv box stuck in recovery mode

Message 2 of 21
(2,950 Views)

I'm not familiar with the Stream TV unit, but, based upon the description of the trouble, it sounds like it needs to be replaced.

clem53
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 3 of 21
(2,933 Views)

@Captn1 wrote:

I've had the Verizon Stream TV box for about 6 months. Today when I came home it is showing the "Android Recovery" screen. The remote still works to turn the TV volume up and down, but the stream box itself won't accept inputs from the remote so I can't scroll through the menu to choose an option. I've rebooted my router and the stream box several times to no effect

When you re-booted, did you remove the power for at least 3 minutes to the stream box, or just reboot? If you didn't remove power, give it a shot.

AlexDG
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 21
(2,788 Views)

Well, this just happened to me too. Maybe an update bricked it? I can’t seam to get it to boot out of recovery mode no matter what I try…

dexman
All Star
All Star

Message 5 of 21
(2,740 Views)

I would reach out to Verizon Customer Service. The unit may need to be replaced. 🤔

Tsaffouri
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon stream stuck in recovery mode

Message 6 of 21
(2,421 Views)

I’m seeing a few post on here with the same problem, but no one has provided a solution. I have a Samsung smart tv also bought last year 

my verizon tv stream unit is stuck in the android recovery mode and won’t let me click anything. The remote works since I can still power on/off and change the volume.

I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in multiple times and nothing. 

I also tried to “chat with support” and they keep saying “we are looking up your account” and I’ve been sitting here for 15 minutes and now they won’t respond. 

Please help since I’m clearly not the only one with this problem 

dexman
All Star
All Star

Re: Verizon stream stuck in recovery mode

Message 7 of 21
(2,399 Views)

I would call  Verizon Customer Support and speak directly to a representative.

My gut feeling is that the update that appears to have negatively impacted the devices will be pulled.

Verizon might have to ship replacement units, but, as a Verizon Customer, I can't say for sure what steps the company will take.

clem53
MVP MVP
MVP

Re: Verizon stream stuck in recovery mode

Message 8 of 21
(2,040 Views)

@Tsaffouri wrote:

I’m seeing a few post on here with the same problem, but no one has provided a solution. I have a Samsung smart tv also bought last year 

my verizon tv stream unit is stuck in the android recovery mode and won’t let me click anything. The remote works since I can still power on/off and change the volume.

I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in multiple times and nothing. 

I also tried to “chat with support” and they keep saying “we are looking up your account” and I’ve been sitting here for 15 minutes and now they won’t respond. 

Please help since I’m clearly not the only one with this problem 

We need to know if you have an Askey or WNC device.

TKndahouse
Contributor
Contributor

Stream Tv has error screen and nothing works

Message 9 of 21
(1,888 Views)

06030BCF-87CC-4963-94C0-CCF1F9B9C624.jpeg

 I get this screen when I turn it on. Note it says ‘boot system now’ but I get no response from my remote when trying to navigate.
Have tried unplugging both ac and hdmi but get the same screen. Is this stream tv redeemable? Any advice is appreciated.

dexman
All Star
All Star

Re: Stream Tv has error screen and nothing works

Message 10 of 21
(1,878 Views)

It looks like the latest firmware update has impacted the Stream TV unit. My suggestion was to contact Verizon Customer Support as the devices may need to be replaced if the Support rep cannot get them restored.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title