Re: Stream Tv has error screen and nothing works
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TKndahouse wrote:

 I get this screen when I turn it on. Note it says ‘boot system now’ but I get no response from my remote when trying to navigate.
Have tried unplugging both ac and hdmi but get the same screen. Is this stream tv redeemable? Any advice is appreciated.

Do you have an Askey or WMC device? Need to know which hardware you have.

TKndahouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a panosonic tv.

0 Likes
TKndahouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

How would I know which hardware it is.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TKndahouse wrote:

How would I know which hardware it is.

Look at the back or bottom of the box and see who the MFR was.

Re: Verizon stream tv box stuck in recovery mode
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok, try this:

For a StreamTV stuck on the 'Recovery Mode' screen (all black, with the android logo in the middle, and yellow / red / blue text on the top left corner of the screen); easiest
method to recover is to connect a USB keyboard (to the USB A port on the back of the StreamTV), and use the arrow keys to scroll down to the Factory Reset Data option,
and hit Enter.  The box will reset, go through setup again and download the latest build; but should be functional normally again.
jbaker8935

My stream tv box has hdmi and rj45 only.  no reset button. no usb.   Fios support's troubleshooting process assumes the box boots - was no help with box in this state.   getting sent a new one under warranty.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jbaker8935 wrote:

My stream tv box has hdmi and rj45 only.  no reset button. no usb.   Fios support's troubleshooting process assumes the box boots - was no help with box in this state.   getting sent a new one under warranty.

I believe the fix I posted only applies to the Askey unit which is the second gen unit, you must have the other, sorry. The issue seems to be with the latest firmware update and certain TVs. You want them to send you a second generation unit, you have a first gen.

TKndahouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says Dolby manufactured it. Dolby Laboratories 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TKndahouse wrote:

It says Dolby manufactured it. Dolby Laboratories 

Nope, only the two manufacturers. Parts were licensed from Dolby, they didn't make it. At any rate, you have the Gen 1 box if you do not have a USB port, get a Gen 2 from Fios.

Re: Verizon stream stuck in recovery mode
M4L0K41

Yeah right have you tried calling Verizon these days took me 2 hours just to get a person on the phone to set up internet in my new apartment and the amount of phone numbers I had to call only to get hung up on by the computer on almost every single number I called I called so many I don't remember which one I actually got a representative on the phone

0 Likes