Verizon tampering with favorite channels?
drbdumont

I have the Motorola digital STBs (not Hi Def). Periodically when thumbing therough the favorite

channels, I find that even though I have unchecked (un hearted?) the HSN and QVC shopping

channels, the next day I find them restored as "favorite" channels. This does not seem to occur

with any other channels I have removed from the favorites list. Happens on all three STBs in the

house. I've gone through and removed all the channels in which I have no interest, or am not

subscribed to, for quicker browsing, and to remove some of the crap like HSN and QVC which I

don't want appearing.

Is Verizon tampering with these in order to keep their billing to these folks for "houses passed"

income?

Just wondering... it is kinda irritating...

0 Likes
Re: Verizon tampering with favorite channels?
JohnA
Enthusiast - Level 3
It's just a bug in the software on the STBs. New version is coming that fixes the bug, and gives you a second set of favorites you can use.
0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
When Verizon upgraded the firmware to 1.50/5.93 is when the glitch with the favs started, it lasted about a week then stopped. Im guessing a fix was sent through the line. If you are still having problems unplug your STB from the wall outlet then plug it back it see if that fixes it, also try rebooting your router.Disconnect the cable from it and the power cord for a few minutes then plug them both back in.
0 Likes
Hagar

Drbdumont 

Noticed the exact same thing. Went to favorites to correct and they come back. Thought I was going crazy so glad to see someone else noticing the exact same. Hope this "fix" they are "supposed" to be pushing fixes. Anyways about 2 or 3 weeks this has been going on with my box. Maybe I need to go in and correct again.

Hagar 

0 Likes