Very frustrating
Crf222

Since the new guide I've been having several problems.  

The guide on both my tv's is frustratingly slow.  Sometimes if I hit the guide 2 or  3 times  (because I think maybe it did not register - even though i see the red light on the box) It seems to stop and 'think' about the command and then  scrolls 2 to 3 times in quick succession. This happens  again and again. 

Next problem is with the favorites:  when i hit the guide button it does show the word favorite channels on the bottom but the channel i am currently on is not the one highlighted. Usually the channel that is highlighted is 2 -3 channels off.   For example..   If I am on channel 100 and press the guide button the channel highlighted is 102, or 103 (all 3 are  in my favorites list)  This only occurs if I use the guide to select the channel.   If I go  directly to the channel or if I am in  

All channels guide it highlights the current channel I am on.

I had neither of these problems with the old guide.  

The last problem I have is setting my sharp tv so that i can control it with my remote.   This only happens on this tv.   I have the remote with 2 buttons on top.

0 Likes
Re: Very frustrating
Rubay007

I have had the same issue, The update was a waste of time and I hate when I have to keep pressing favorite button every time I go to the menu guide. Old format was much better and did not take up more than half the screen like the new update does.  Very frustrating. I agree.

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

You need your set top boxes updated as the 1.9 update does not work good on older boxes ,mine did the same thing and I called Verzon tech support and they sent out new boxes (7100) and everything is fine.

0 Likes
Crf222

Thanks for the help.   One of the boxes was replaced but still having same problem.  I will double check that I am at the software version you suggested.

Does anyone know if there is a forum that technical assistance reads and responds to?    I haven't had much luck with the customer service at Verizon and of course I can't get the same person I was working with so after explaining this problem again to the new technician (don't they write this down? I get the same suggestions/msunderstandig or worse yet people that lie to  get me off the phone.   for example,  I got a promises from both  the reps and supervisors to call me back after they checked into it further....guess what no calls.   

0 Likes