Switch Account

Very frustrating

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(325 Views)

Since the new guide I've been having several problems.  

The guide on both my tv's is frustratingly slow.  Sometimes if I hit the guide 2 or  3 times  (because I think maybe it did not register - even though i see the red light on the box) It seems to stop and 'think' about the command and then  scrolls 2 to 3 times in quick succession. This happens  again and again. 

Next problem is with the favorites:  when i hit the guide button it does show the word favorite channels on the bottom but the channel i am currently on is not the one highlighted. Usually the channel that is highlighted is 2 -3 channels off.   For example..   If I am on channel 100 and press the guide button the channel highlighted is 102, or 103 (all 3 are  in my favorites list)  This only occurs if I use the guide to select the channel.   If I go  directly to the channel or if I am in  

All channels guide it highlights the current channel I am on.

I had neither of these problems with the old guide.  

The last problem I have is setting my sharp tv so that i can control it with my remote.   This only happens on this tv.   I have the remote with 2 buttons on top.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(316 Views)

I have had the same issue, The update was a waste of time and I hate when I have to keep pressing favorite button every time I go to the menu guide. Old format was much better and did not take up more than half the screen like the new update does.  Very frustrating. I agree.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 4
(304 Views)

You need your set top boxes updated as the 1.9 update does not work good on older boxes ,mine did the same thing and I called Verzon tech support and they sent out new boxes (7100) and everything is fine.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(289 Views)

Thanks for the help.   One of the boxes was replaced but still having same problem.  I will double check that I am at the software version you suggested.

Does anyone know if there is a forum that technical assistance reads and responds to?    I haven't had much luck with the customer service at Verizon and of course I can't get the same person I was working with so after explaining this problem again to the new technician (don't they write this down? I get the same suggestions/msunderstandig or worse yet people that lie to  get me off the phone.   for example,  I got a promises from both  the reps and supervisors to call me back after they checked into it further....guess what no calls.   

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.