SOLVED
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Very slow channel change - intermittant

Message 1 of 314
(17,800 Views)

QIP7232-2 FIOS DVR

I have had this DVR for about a year and it's been almost flawless until recently. For the past couple weeks it will intermittantly freeze or lock-up while changing channels. It can take up to 20 seconds for it to respond to any keys while in this condition. You just have to wait for it to respond. It's getting really annoying.

Anyone else having this problem ?

Glenn

Fairless Hills, PA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant

Message 195 of 314
(9,917 Views)

Thanks for notifying us .This issue was inadvertently caused by a new ad deployment system. You should see some improvement in the next 2 weeks as we are disabling this capability on many channels.

We will be deploying a software fix on all your set top boxes between November 26 to January 7 across all FIOS markets which should resolve this issue fully. Thanks for your patience.

Travis S.
Verizon Telecom Social Media Team

View solution in original post

313 REPLIES 313
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 314
(17,790 Views)

@blueribb wrote:

QIP7232-2 FIOS DVR

I have had this DVR for about a year and it's been almost flawless until recently. For the past couple weeks it will intermittantly freeze or lock-up while changing channels. It can take up to 20 seconds for it to respond to any keys while in this condition. You just have to wait for it to respond. It's getting really annoying.

Anyone else having this problem ?

Glenn

Fairless Hills, PA

Very definitely yes! I also have a 7232, have had it for about 1 1/2 years, worked great under the 1.8 level of the IMG, then 1.9, then 1.9.1, and all of a sudden it started this hangup or delay or whatever, probably 2 or 3 months ago for me. The problem is most visible when using the Channel Up/Down button; it almost always recognizes the first press, but rarely recognizes any subsequent presses unless I wait two or three seconds. And sometimes it just stacks up button presses, any buttons, you can see the LED blink but nothing happens, then suddently it processes each of them in turn.

Happens only on my DVR, the 7100-P2 HD STBs do not act this way.

Glad to see I am not alone. And I have no clue what the problem is, to me it appears to be the software, but yes, it is really, really annoying!!!!

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 314
(17,749 Views)

I've also seen a similar thing on my 7216 DVR.  Enter a new channel and the system freezes for 10 seconds and then changes (also cues up inbetween button pushes).  Last night I went to FF through a commercial and it took 10 seconds before the FF actually happened (and of course I'd pressed  FF, stop, play and any pther button I could think of which rapidly plyed back after the freeze).

Doing an STB correction fixes it for a few days to a week and then it comes back.  First noticed it about 3 weeks ago.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 4 of 314
(17,740 Views)

Does Verizon monitor these forums ? Besides calling them on the phone, is there another way to bring this to their attention ?

Will a box reset erase anything on my DVR ? (list of shows to be recorded)

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 314
(17,731 Views)

@blueribb wrote:

Does Verizon monitor these forums ? Besides calling them on the phone, is there another way to bring this to their attention ?

Will a box reset erase anything on my DVR ? (list of shows to be recorded)

This is peer to peer.  There are a few admins who tend to read things and will occasionally pipe in, but Monitor.  No. 

For suggestions they have a forum for share your ideas.

But for problems you need to use http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/  .  Options there include some self help, the usual phone numbers, a LIVE chat option,  and for some things a email option.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 6 of 314
(17,726 Views)

Yes, this has been happening to me too since 1.9.1.  I've mentioned it in another thread and a moderator told me to try the auto correct feature in the in home agent.  But I can't even get auto correct to work.  They had me fill out a form to escalate the issue over a week ago.  No response.  At least it's not happening all that often for me (maybe once or twice a week).  But yeah, it's definitely annoying.

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Message 7 of 314
(17,712 Views)

Hello BrianC

The agent tried to contact you on Monday, and there was no answer. They have since asked on your My Support thread, when is a good time to call. Please check your board often because agents are often waiting for more information before they can proceed.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 8 of 314
(17,702 Views)

Elizabeth, thank you.  Is there a known issue and what's being done to address it?  It's obviously not an isolated problem and another poster here noted that auto correct only helps temporarily.

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Message 9 of 314
(17,698 Views)

I'm sorry, but I can't answer that. Moderators are only responsible for the operation of the forum itself. We have no access to Verizon information on products or services.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 10 of 314
(17,687 Views)

@Keyboards wrote:

Doing an STB correction fixes it for a few days to a week and then it comes back.  First noticed it about 3 weeks ago.

Interesting, thanks. I have done STB auto-corrections several times, they did not seem to make any difference. But I will try it again and see if maybe it will the next time.

Keller, TX 76248

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.