Re: set top boxs have bad delay
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you mentioned 480i, did you try "off" 

0 Likes
vett2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks justin, that is the problem I am having, when I go to the dvr, change channel, guide or what ever nothing happens then all of a sudden they all happen at once anywhere from 5 seconds to a minnute. I hope they can fix mine?

As for the 480i I have tried all the settings and I know that is not the problem.

0 Likes
KidHorn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. I had my router replaced and it did nothing. Hopefully Verizon will have a fix. If not, I'm going to have them void my agreement and i'll go back to comcast. As it stands, their system is unusable.

0 Likes
vett2
Enthusiast - Level 1

do you think they will void your contract without charging you?

0 Likes
vett2
Enthusiast - Level 1

now latley if I push the drv button I get  delay of 10-20 seconds and it go's to widgets??? what the _____???

0 Likes
Re: Latency problems with STB
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

The STB uses the Router for Channel Guide, VOD, DVR functionaility.  Have you tried to reboot the STBs?  

Last year I had the ONT replaced but that was because of the inability to watch DVR and VOD from other STBs.

I suggest you run through the Customer Support on the STB to reboot and fix problems.  If you still have issues I report the problems to CS and have them document your issues.

Jim

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@vett wrote:

now latley if I push the drv button I get  delay of 10-20 seconds and it go's to widgets??? what the _____???

As I said earlier, my DVR has gone back to working normally so I can't try to reproduce that. But when it wasn't it never did that, I use the DVR button frequently.

I am trying to get some Verizon attention to this issue, to at least get some explanation for what you and others are seeing and a target for resolution, no success so far, but I am hopeful....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
vett2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I should also say that I have two other set top boxs, one hd and the other not hd and they give me the same problem?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

There is now a thread over on DSL reports FiOS forum with a bunch of reports of the same thing.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27461077-DVR-7232-Slow-Unrepsonsive-Until-Warms-Up-or-a-Reboot

It is not just the 7232 (as the title may imply) but both 72xx DVRs (happening on my 7216).

0 Likes
Re: set top boxes have bad delay
prisaz
Legend

Not sure what the issue is, but I have heard it is actively under investigation.

I think it may have something to do with subscription management, and the copy protection bit that was just recently enabled in the hardware Aug 1st. But that is just my opinion.

I hope it is fixed quickly, regardless of whatever the cause. I am on Cisco hardware, and have not experienced the issues regarding how the subscription, encryption or security technology is executed. No Guide or menu delays here, changing channels, or otherwise. But Cisco is still on img 1.9, and not 1.91. Please do not break mine.Smiley Sad

0 Likes