Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Very slow channel change - intermittant

SOLVED
Bobbo527
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant

Message 41 of 314
(4,064 Views)

Count me in, I have 2 7232's, in VH08 and I am having the same probelms as everyone else here. It's driving me nuts!!!

blueribb
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: set top boxs have bad delay

Message 42 of 314
(4,053 Views)

I chatted with Verizon this morning and they are working on fixing the problem. I started a similar thread about this issue back on August 17th

Another Thread

tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Latency problems with STB

Message 43 of 314
(4,036 Views)

Perhaps agravated by 1.9.1.  But its not universal. 

For comunications between the machines the router is central.  And the moca wiring can be crititical. 

Singlemalt
Contributor
Contributor

1 Minute Lag when changing Channels from Favorites menu

Message 44 of 314
(4,030 Views)

Both of my HD DVR's have the same problem. When changing channels from my "Favorites" menu it takes close to 1 minute to change the channel. In the meantime, the screen freezes until the new channel appears.

I have tried turning off STB (in Video Settings) as others had suggested, but that did not solve the problem.

Singlemalt
Contributor
Contributor

Message 45 of 314
(4,027 Views)

I have the same issue on both of my DVR's--The first one started about 6 months ago, but I did not use that one that much... but now the one I use every day, it started to act the same way about 3 weeks ago. I tried the STB=Off-- but that did nothing--in fact, it created other issues, so I turned it back on.

Really annoying--so if not solved, I will request new DVR's.

blueribb
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: 1 Minute Lag when changing Channels from Favorites menu

Message 46 of 314
(4,026 Views)

There are 2 other threads with this exact problem

Redup1
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 47 of 314
(4,016 Views)

Same thing here in Reston Va.  I have two 7232 DVRs and they are now hanging up on a regular basis when I attempt to change channels.  Sometimes powering the DVR off and back on fixes it, other times I have to pull the power.  This is getting very old, so sure hope they fix it soon!!

Shamika_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 48 of 314
(4,009 Views)

Hello Everyone,

I do apologize for the troubles that everyone is going through here. I have sent a few of you private messages to gather your information for this case particularly.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Mistaya
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 49 of 314
(3,838 Views)

We are having the same issue. DVR is the 7232 and then we have an HD box that Is also freezing. Been happening at least a month and isvery frustrating. Isn't there away for them to just back up an update in our boxes until they figure this out?

michlin
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 50 of 314
(3,788 Views)

I purchased two QIP-7232p2 DVRs a couple of months ago . The channel changing freeze issue started occuring on both units in August. Only happens after I have been watching a channel for some time, say... about 15-20 minutes or longer. All DVR functions freeze, while the channel I want to leave continues to provide video and audio. Both units have the "1.9.1" release.

I'm hoping Verizon puts out a fix very soon.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.