Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant
SG231
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having this problem also, for about a month.  We've been tolerating it, expecting it to be fixed with a software update but it seems to have gotten worse in the last week or two.  It seems to always be the first channel change after the unit is powered on, and then occassionally after that.

System information tells me a I have release 1.9.1 and "platform id" QIP-7216 P1.  We also have a slave unit in the bedroom (STB without a disk) that is doing the same thing.

Clearly this is a software issue.  Both these units have been nearly flawless for 2 years.

0 Likes
Larry_L

We leave our box on 24/7 and still have the issue.  It does seem to hapenn after sitting for a long time and then seems to respond normally after the first lock-up. 

I have seen it sit for over 30 seconds while trying to switch from a commercial to another channel - the commercial ended and another one began before I had control.

Maybe 1.9.9 will fix it.  I whish we had the choice wheter to accept an upgrade like the WII gives you.  IMG 1.4 seemed just fine to me.

Does Comcast have these issues?

0 Likes
Mistaya
Enthusiast - Level 3

I changed to Fios I guess about 8-9 months ago. Before that I was with Comcast. I never had this problem. Also hard to get use to a DVR that doesn't allow watch a 3rd channel while recording. You can tell it is recording with a small red light on it but you never know if it is one show or two so then you are afraid to change a channel incase you screw up recording.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Mistaya wrote:

I changed to Fios I guess about 8-9 months ago. Before that I was with Comcast. I never had this problem. Also hard to get use to a DVR that doesn't allow watch a 3rd channel while recording. You can tell it is recording with a small red light on it but you never know if it is one show or two so then you are afraid to change a channel incase you screw up recording.

If you want to know what channel(s) are recording, simply hit the DVR button, you will clearly see whether one or two are recording. And even if two are recording and you try to change channels the DVR will warn you and ask which of the two channels that are recording you want to stop. You will not lose your recordings unless you specifically tell the DVR to stop recording one of them....

As to being with Comcast before, if you can't live with recording two channels and being able to only watch a previously recorded program and not watch a live third channel, then I suggest you go back to Comcast. Hopefully in the not too distant future Verizon will deliver maybe a four tuner DVR, but for now two tuners is all we have.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

Why not re-issue the last firmware as an upgrade temporarily until this problem is resolved ?

0 Likes
heynow00

Verizon,

Can we please get an update on this ?   This is a real pain in the butt.

Thank You

0 Likes
Photoflash1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can't Verizon provide us with some sort of status update?

Is acknowledging the problem some kind of violation of company rules?  Or just rude?

0 Likes
Re: Very slow channel change - intermittent
tns
Master - Level 2

Hints are that its not the firmware, but other changes in the network.  They appear to have stopped migrating these changes, but they are not supplying details.

They are asking some people that have reported this problem to work with them.

Be sure if you see this problem (I don't see it) to report it via contactus or other means.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Photoflash wrote:

Can't Verizon provide us with some sort of status update?

Is acknowledging the problem some kind of violation of company rules?  Or just rude?

I suspect it is a company policy.  The moderators and Verizon employees that do answer questions on this forum normally try to be helpful.  In this case, they've been silent which leads me to believe they are being prevented from helping or commenting.

0 Likes
KidHorn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last night was awful. I was switching between the NFL game and the Nats baseball game. Every time I hit the last channel button it took 30 seconds or more to respond.

My gut feeling is Verizon won't do anything about this. That's why we haven't heard anything. They probably don't know how to fix it and it doesn't seem to effect enough people.

0 Likes