Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

We have several threads on this issue and we are proactively working on this case. If you have experienced recent issues, please send me a PM as we are still gathering more information.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
bob4281
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue for me. Pittsburgh, PA. Only happens on my DVR. No other equipment seems to be an issue.  Rebooted multiple times with no success.

0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

I cannot figure out how to PM Shamika_VZ. I did an online chat with a Verizon FIOS rep (Uzma) about this issue on Aug 28th but have not heard anything since. Am I to understand that this problem does not affect everyone ? It's hard to imagine that Verizon has not solved this problem yet.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

You need to be logged in, and then click on the user's screen name in their post.  On the right side of the screen is a link to send a private message to the user.

0 Likes
Coachdny
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sluggish channel changes and logos NOT showing -  queens , NY

0 Likes
MANXIMUS
I'm seriously dissatisfied with Fios right now. I haven't had any issues with my service since I got it and I've actually boasted about how good Fios is to all my friends,until now. About 3 weeks ago I started experiencing the STB delay problem and I contacted tech support online and they remotely reset all 6 of my boxes. I was assured by the tech that I wouldn't have the issue again. 2-3 days later the same delay started again so I called support again and they reset the boxes again. I explained to the tech support person this had been done already and that it wouldn't fix the problem so I asked what internally could be the issue. He suggested bad splitters so I wen out and bought new wires and splitters just to be safe. I rewired my entire home and it worked for a few days but then it started again. I called again and asked if a tech could be sent out but the operator told me a request for a tech had be denied?? I was told they were sending me RF extenders which deal with signal interference between the remote and the STB but I had clearly explained that the remote was not the issue. I explained to the operator that it made no sense for me as a customer to wait 4 days for devices that wouldn't work to be sent so that I would then have to call back and go through the tech scheduling process all over again. She said there was nothing she could do and this was the only option she could offer at that time. I agreed because what was I going to do but that morning I called back because as a customer I didn't feel I should have to wait for service on a product that I pay a considerable amount for that was not working. I called and complained and they dispatched a tech who came out and replaced the brand new splitters I just spent $40 replacing not to mention the $200 I spent on new wiring. The cable worked for two hours after he left and the problem started again. I called again and the tech ran diagnostics on my router and had me on the phone waiting...until I got disconnected and no one called back. All of this is now compounded by the fact that I came to the forums and I now see this is a known issue so making me replace the splitters and my own decision to rerun new wires was a complete and utter waste of my time. I'm seriously considering cancel my service at this point unless I hear from someone really quick about fixing my cble and apologizing for wasting my time and there needs to be a correction made to my bill because I'm not paying for three weeks of aggravation and crap service.
0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

@Shamika_VZ wrote:

Hello,

We have several threads on this issue and we are proactively working on this case. If you have experienced recent issues, please send me a PM as we are still gathering more information.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Recent issues?  They have never stopped, actually seems to be getting worse, before it was mostly when the box was first turned on, but now it is happening all of the time.  Can't even swap between 2 channels without the screen freezing up and going blank for a time.

0 Likes
Mistaya
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just went through it with Verizon too. I was actually on the phone for them to break the lease on my old router so the new could work. I asked them about the issue of the guides freezing and they said they never heard about it then said it was probably my old router going bad. They also sent those signals to my boxes but sure enough the next day they we freezing again by that evening. It is getting frustrating. I said something about an update maybe causing this and I was told that was imposible the signal has to go through the router and that was probably the issue. I did tell her their forums are filled with this complaint and it needs to be checked into. I know their are mods in here occassionally since you see as below this they do respond. I wanted them to understand these are forums that are watched by Verizon on occassion.

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

So they claimed it was your router?  In our house we have 1- 7232 and 3 7100s, our router is about 18 months old, and the only box having these problems is the 7232.  Yesterday I was browsing the VOD, decided to watch something and when I selected it the box shut down and re-booted on its own.  Yet my daughters pulled up VOD all day on the 7100s and never had an issue.

0 Likes
KidHorn
Enthusiast - Level 2

On top of everything else, the Red Zone channel wasn't working. On the bright side, having the last channel button take 2 minutes to respond would have made it more difficult to flip to the red zone during commercials.

I wonder if this delay was put in intentionally to make us watch commercials.

0 Likes