Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant
Darko2
Your router must be functional for the guide to work, if the signal from the router to the boxes happens to be low or needs reset, then your guide may respond slowly. Your router needs to function properly for the guide to update, boxes save guide information for up to 3days to a week. Sorry it's taken me 3 posts to keep in topic, unless it's actually a call I'm dealing with I have to go back an re read. I really hope this helps.
0 Likes
Re: 1 Minute Lag when changing Channels from Favorites menu
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

All,

I apologize for the long wait on this issue, but we are working hard on this case. Those of you who have sent me a PM, I have responded to you requesting additional information. I appreciate everyone's patience in this matter.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
mikejeep
Enthusiast - Level 2
Darko, I appreciate your suggestions, but they don't seem to be the solution, at least not for me.

I am very familiar with the IR issue; a new Comcast box we had last year had that problem, we solved it by putting masking tape over the IR sensor.. worked perfectly! However, the issue we (ie everyone at my house, and everyone on this forum) is the box itself actually freezing up, not an unresponsive remote. The audio and video all "pause". The box sees the IR commands, because the front LED blinks appropriately.

As far as routers/splitters/ONTs being the root cause.. wouldn't it be a HUGE coincidence for dozens and dozens of people nationwide to have that rear its head nearly all at the same time? I am in an almost brand new building which had FIOS installed during construction, hardwired ports and a patch panel in my apartment. Never had an issue until last month.
0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I was having the same issues with my 7216 box where a few times a week while changing channels it wouldn't be able to keep up.  If I changed channels fast using the channel up/down buttons, it would take about 10 seconds between channels and eventually catch up and not happen again for several days.  I ended up getting a  replacement box (for a different reason) and I haven't had the issue with the new box for the 3 weeks I've had it.  The replacement is also a 7216.  However, none of my boxes are as fast as prior to the last 1.9.1 upgrade.  It does take a little longer for a response after pressing the DVR button.  I have one old 2500 box that gets slower and slower after every upgrade though.  I figured that's just the way it is for that box.  That one takes a full 2 seconds between seeing the light on the box flash after pressing the remote indicating it received the signal and seeing any change on the screen.  I really don't expect much out of the 2500 STB, but I do expect a lot from the 7xxx series.  On demand has always been sluggish with any of my boxes.

0 Likes
Re: Random Picture Blackout & Channel Change Delay Issue
kla2012
Enthusiast - Level 1

9-19-12

Slowness of the channel changing delays has been the final death of TV watching in our household. None of the teenagers have the tenacity to stuggle through it. who knew it could be this easy to kill TV watching! Thank you Verizon - i barely watch TV any more, maybe 2 x a week for 20 min or less. Even my husband can't take it and gave up.  the irony is that we now have 3 TVs all wired in the house and no one watches any. Woman LOL

jmcging

From my post on DSL Reports:

8/30/12:

In the Baltimore area and my 3 7232-2 HD DVRs and 2 7216 HD STBs are all experiencing this problem. It's the worst for the first TV of the day (the one in my son's room) so now I set the channel to 263 when I turn it off the night before because a channel change within 4 minutes simply does not happen.

But it's happening to all 5 sets and at all times of the day and is really p*ssing the spouse off. She's fumble fingered as it is, so to mispress and not be able to go back "right now" is making my life miserable 

I'm going to say I first realized this was happening around mid-July but only on the kids set, the fact its happening now on all 5 is more recent. Yes, we have multi-room

9/20/12

1. Do you have multi-room dvr enabled? - Yes and three DVRs and two HD STBs
2. Do you have newer Moto boxs or older? - Yes all new Motos 7232-2 models and new moto HD STBs
3. How long is the delay after you attempt to change to the 2nd channel -Delay varies from 0 to nearly 60 seconds.
4. When does the hang occur? It occurs with both DVRs as well as the STB. Most often when the DVR/STB is first turned on, the device is "frozen" for up to a minute; keypresses are cached and the first digit may change the channel (i.e., pressing 841 very slowly changes channel to 8, then very slowly to 4, then 1). Ditto if one of those **bleep** "popups" is present, it'll appear and keypressing escape takes 30 seconds to cycle you past the screen. However, not just at startup as we've been watching the news for an hour and try and change channels and the new channel is on the DVR window but teh TV is dark and we simply wait a minute (60 seconds) for it to come back alive and change the channel.

Router is newest version with N wireless.

Have done everything suggested here from rebooting hard and soft reboots of all equipment etc.  Happened just a while ago, while switching channels to watch a game. 2 minutes of frozen nothing.

It's not what I pay good money for.

0 Likes
gkdk71

Reported this problem 9/14/2012 - Verizon DVR, changing channels slow...Ticket#{edited for privacy}

Doesn't Verizon do qual testing before releasing updates? Competition should dictate quality, not time to market.

If this problem continues much longer we will be seriously considering answering the constant Comcast requests to come back....They already said they would discount any cancellation fees...

0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

Darko,

Where did you come up with those ideas ? Did you have the problem posted here and did your suggestions fix it ?

I'm wondering why a Verizon Rep is not acknowledging this issue directly on this forum or why no-one has heard an update. I chatted with Verizon about this a month ago and sent a PM to the Verizon rep here but have gotten ZIP, nada as a response.

FYI: I service computers for a living and I ask every customer with Verizon FIOS if they are having this issue and they all respond YES. It seems most people are just living with the issue and have no idea that they should report it.

Re: Very slow channel change - intermittent
dakk1

This is becoming beyond unacceptable. I have to wait 2-3 minutes every time I sit down to watch TV. It happens on both of my boxes which I just paid to upgrade 6 months ago.

I would like for the boxes to be discounted (free) until the problem is resolved.

Verizon clearly has a dilemma here and I see no signs of them working towards a resolution except for basic troubleshooting on these forums.

0 Likes