Re: Very slow channel change - intermittent Clarification Requested
tns
Master - Level 2

As said they are always on if you use the power button.

Actually have to pull the plug to power off.

0 Likes
stump2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just want to add another customer to the list here and say that I'm experiencing the same thing for the last month or so.

Thanks!

0 Likes
willy73

I have been having the same issue for weeks.  Called tech support numerous times and even had a tech come to the house.  Replaced the box outside and issues stopped for a while, but it has come back.  It doesn't happen all the time, but there is no rhyme or reason when it occurs.  Did the SD override to off and that didn't help either.  Hopefully Verizon will figure this out and send an update out to the boxes.

0 Likes
Re: Very slow channel change - intermittent
FIOS_Sucks

Having the same issue. Nothing to add...Just confirmation that the problem is occurring across many user demographics.

0 Likes
fttpline
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I was told today a issue has been identified and a fix is coming first quarter (1Q) of 2013. I asked what do I do til then? Answer just deal with it.

0 Likes
grdh20

This is really quite disgracefull. I have had several techs out to my house that replaced almost every peice of equipment I have including the ONT, that were totally unaware of this issue. Even the advanced techs. Even phone support. Clueless. No one is looking at these forums. They simply don't care. What a waste of my time. 2013? Unacceptable Fios.

0 Likes
krazii
Enthusiast - Level 1

For those new to this thread or who don't want to scan through pages of information for what's going on, here is the deal:  In early August Verizon releaased a firmware update to your DVR, it has a bug in it which causes delayed channel switching (anywhere from 10-secs to 2 mins).  Verizon is aware of the problem but will not indicate when it will be fixed.  Only that it is being worked on.  I think some are stating 2013.

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@krazii wrote:

For those new to this thread or who don't want to scan through pages of information for what's going on, here is the deal:  In early August Verizon releaased a firmware update to your DVR, it has a bug in it which causes delayed channel switching (anywhere from 10-secs to 2 mins).  Verizon is aware of the problem but will not indicate when it will be fixed.  Only that it is being worked on.  I think some are stating 2013.

I think you have given a good summary of the situation.  Nonetheless, I'd still like to know how you obtained this information.  Thanks.

0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

If this problem is caused by IMG 1.9.1, Verizon could simply roll-back the firmware to the previous version until they fix it rather than let many of their paying customers suffer for many months. There has to be another story - don't you think ?

0 Likes
YankeesFan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't get why they don't just release the fix or rollback, why wait?  I had a 2 minute delay today.  I just seems odd that Verizon wouldn't fix this faster.

0 Likes