Re: Very slow channel change - intermittent
nysnowbird92
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have regular non dvr boxes.. not sure if this matters.. i know the box is capable of storing whatever info unless it's unplugged then it loses everything and starts over..    but yeah, i imagine this is what it would be like communicating via radio signals to the moon.. that's what the guide navigation is like..   (i doubt this will wind up in one of their commercials anytime soon..)  this is the new Apollo experience.. we get to feel what it was like for NASA engineers trying to communicate with the astronauts of Apollo 13 trying to get them home alive....  i'm just about done with this service unless it's fixed soon.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@armond_in_nj wrote:

@krazii wrote:

For those new to this thread or who don't want to scan through pages of information for what's going on, here is the deal:  In early August Verizon releaased a firmware update to your DVR, it has a bug in it which causes delayed channel switching (anywhere from 10-secs to 2 mins).  Verizon is aware of the problem but will not indicate when it will be fixed.  Only that it is being worked on.  I think some are stating 2013.

I think you have given a good summary of the situation.  Nonetheless, I'd still like to know how you obtained this information.  Thanks.

No "software" was released in August.  1.9.1 was released to Motorola boxes from May to  early July.

On the other hand they may have started to implement changes that required 1.9.1 on their backend in August.

0 Likes
rbperrie1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is very frustrating with VZ's attitude towards this. I, like others have gone thru multiple techs and an onsite visit over the past few months with total ignorance of the issue on VZ's part. I even had three of the techs tell me I can transfer my external drive to a replacement DVR. I even questioned them, asking them to check with supervisor to be sure it could be done. Finally when I begrudgingly agree to the DVR replacement I get a big oops, sorry when the external drive won't work with the new DVR. Oh BTW, you can't go back to the old DVR even if you keep it as when the new DVR is initialized it wipes the old DVR so you can't keep the old DVR to try to keep recordings on the old external drive.

Good thing my contract just expired cause if this keeps up much longer I'm switching back to Comcast.

0 Likes
xgman11

"Verizon is aware and working on this"?  I guess they forgot to tell any of their field techs or customer support people. Epic fail.

0 Likes
Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant
Adrienne_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3
We still haven't heard back from you or received a form submission. Do you still need assistance? Please reply back if so that way we can assist further. Thank You,
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Adrienne_VZ wrote:
We still haven't heard back from you or received a form submission. Do you still need assistance? Please reply back if so that way we can assist further. Thank You,

Adrienne,

There are 165 posts in this thread, from many different people, you need to QUOTE whatever post you are replying to (have you even looked to see that there is a Quote button to make it easy?). And if it is directed to everybody who has posted here, that is ridiculous, of course they still have the problem because Verizon has not done a thing to fix it.

I see you only have 8 posts in the Forums in almost two years, so you are a relative rookie here, but for heavens sake,you and other Verizon people should THINK before you post.

And while I am at it, when is Verizon going to actually fix the problem documented in this thread? This thread was opened on 8/17/2012, I posted here the same day, and I created a thread on 8/23/2012 on the Community Leader Round Table board to try to get some specific additional focus. Many people have posted here, there are threads at DSLReports about this, there is obviously a real problem, and Verizon hasn't even bothered to officially acknowledge the problem in over 1 1/2 months, much less actually fix it. Why? Are you too busy getting out of the FiOS business or something? It is time for someone at Verizon to step up and actually do something! Fix it, for heavens sake!

I have been a member here on the forums since August 2008 and they are just about worthless now. In the beginning we had good questions from customers, and some Verizon reps who knew what they were doing and talking about and really tried to help. Now? Virtually no worthwhile answers from Verizon, mostly just putting the posters off, and honestly, not very many worthwhile questions from customers either (this thread and a few others excepted).

I have been a big fan of the FiOS product since Sept. 2005, and for that matter I still am, but the support and these forums suck big time. Major action is needed IMO.

Keller, TX 76248

prisaz
Legend

@Justin wrote:

@Adrienne_VZ wrote:

Adrienne,

There are 165 posts in this thread, from many different people, you need to QUOTE whatever post you are replying to (have you even looked to see that there is a Quote button to make it easy?). And if it is directed to everybody who has posted here, that is ridiculous, of course they still have the problem because Verizon has not done a thing to fix it.

I see you only have 8 posts in the Forums in almost two years, so you are a relative rookie here, but for heavens sake,you and other Verizon people should THINK before you post.

And while I am at it, when is Verizon going to actually fix the problem documented in this thread? This thread was opened on 8/17/2012, I posted here the same day, and I created a thread on 8/23/2012 on the Community Leader Round Table board to try to get some specific additional focus. Many people have posted here, there are threads at DSLReports about this, there is obviously a real problem, and Verizon hasn't even bothered to officially acknowledge the problem in over 1 1/2 months, much less actually fix it. Why? Are you too busy getting out of the FiOS business or something? It is time for someone at Verizon to step up and actually do something! Fix it, for heavens sake!

I have been a member here on the forums since August 2008 and they are just about worthless now. In the beginning we had good questions from customers, and some Verizon reps who knew what they were doing and talking about and really tried to help. Now? Virtually no worthwhile answers from Verizon, mostly just putting the posters off, and honestly, not very many worthwhile questions from customers either (this thread and a few others excepted).

I have been a big fan of the FiOS product since Sept. 2005, and for that matter I still am, but the support and these forums suck big time. Major action is needed IMO.

Keller, TX 76248

Justin

I had heard back in the early summer when I was attempting to get the advertized 150/65, do not get any QIP-7000 boxes because of this issue. img 1.9.1 Need 1.9.2? Surprised nothing has been done. Well I sure am glad they switched me out to Cisco hardware about a year or more ago. I have no delay issues. My 4 - CHS-335 and 1 CHS-435 work gread. Other than an occasional lock up on VOD. Still at 1.9 and 10.40 not 1.91.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

Justin

I had heard back in the early summer when I was attempting to get the advertized 150/65, do not get any QIP-7000 boxes because of this issue. img 1.9.1 Need 1.9.2? Surprised nothing has been done. Well I sure am glad they switched me out to Cisco hardware about a year or more ago. I have no delay issues. My 4 - CHS-335 and 1 CHS-435 work gread. Other than an occasional lock up on VOD. Still at 1.9 and 10.40 not 1.91.

Instead of actually trying to fix problems they try to hide them - disgraceful!

Keller, TX 76248

CeeZee

@Adrienne_VZ wrote:

Are you kidding?

I did submit a form here. Only got a thank you for the information, we are working on it and nothing more. Also have an open ticket on dslreports vzdirect and haven't heard anything in more than a week there either. Same story.

We would all like to know what is happening and when will it be fixed. To say this is very frustrating is an understatement.  

I am an early adopter of FiOS and at this point I actually hate to have folks over to watch it. Who knows how long it will take just to change a channel? Nuts.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CeeZee

Please go to the My Support Cases widget and open a dialogue with the agent again. That will re-open the case.

0 Likes