Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant
gkdk71

Well maybe it was fixed in some "markets" but not in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. Reported this in March 2012 and still not resolved Dec. 27! My contract is up in a few months...tic, toc

0 Likes
grendel1

When we switched from Optimum, we did so to save some money and because we were tired of their slow STBs. At this point, neither of those remains as an incentive, and we have no contract forcing us to stick with FIOS. So if this isn't going to get resolved quickly and if Optimum manages to send us an attractive enough offer, we may well switch back again.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

As Justin has posted , there is a fix, and it is being distributed as time permits. Verizon NEVER sends out an update to all areas at one time. 1.91 showed the issue, and yes you will still have 1.91 with the fix. What they are doing, is sending out a new build of the 1.91 img. go back and read through this thread. Starting with Justin's post. Everyone posts, but no one reads.See below.

Copper Contributor
blueribb

0 Kudos

According to another forum, the update is to the "Platform Version" and not the other numbers. The Platform Version is only visable in the hidden service menu.

To access this menu:

1 - Turn the TV & FIOS box on

2 - On the box itself, press: Pwr, OK, OK quickly - you should now have a white service menu screen

3 - Press the arrow down button to D08 and press OK

4 - Version Number 25.38 Apr 07, 2012 (old) > Version Number 25.39 Oct 22, 2012 (new)

5 - Press Pwr to exit this hidden menu

Some people have claimed to have received this new version and they say the channel change issue is fixed. This update is released according to your VHO (location).

The above info was taken from the DSLReports FIOS TV forum

JustinAll Star
All Star
Justin

0 Kudos

I will repeat what I have said here previously: I have the fix, I have had it for over a month now, and yes, at least for me, it has fixed the problem.

And yes, the fix is apparently being distributed to one or a few VHOs at a time. Multiple VHOs have already received the fix, others will get it over time, hopefully quickly, because the problem is a real annoyance, as we all know.

It really is pointless to keep posting here complaining about the problem or asking about a solution, Verizon knows there is a problem, they have developed a fix, and it is being distributed. You will get it automatically, there is no need for anybody to do anything (other than I guess to sit back and wait, complaining here or calling tech support will not speed the process up).

Keller, TX 76248

slickster1

Hi Everyone,

I spoke w/ tech support yesterday morning (texas cal center) they rebooted all my DVR boxes (5) and it seemed to help a bit. I did experience slow channel change only once so far but its only been less then 48hrs. The tech did tell me the verizon has a software update in Feb 2013. So hopefully in 4-8 weeks this can be solved. I started tom experience this slowness a couple of months ago but it seems like alot of you have had this issue for a while. I agree with all of you that we do pay alot of service and we all should get some of CREDIT to our bill while they work through this issue.

0 Likes
teagirl1

So we too have this problem, I spent one hour with Vz chat, they blamed the remote, first two they sent me did not work, finally the 3rd one seemed to be compatible. 

Last night at 11:55 PM I tried to change the channel to watch the ball drop.......screen froze for an all time high of two minutes........unbelievable.  Not sure what to do about this problem.  Happy New Year

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@teagirl wrote:

So we too have this problem, I spent one hour with Vz chat, they blamed the remote, first two they sent me did not work, finally the 3rd one seemed to be compatible. 

Last night at 11:55 PM I tried to change the channel to watch the ball drop.......screen froze for an all time high of two minutes........unbelievable.  Not sure what to do about this problem.  Happy New Year

The very simple answer is:

wait

If you would bother to actually read other posts in this thread before posting, especially the post all of two before yours, you would have your answer. And it is totally pointless to call or chat about this, they cannot fix it for you.

And there are no incompatible Verizon remotes, they all work with all Verizon STBs.

Keller, TX 76248

ArmchairAllstar

Same problem hear on the 7216 in Newton, MA.  Sometimes it can be up to 5 minutes after turning the TV on before I get a response from pressing the guide button.  Tagging the thread to see when this will be fixed.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@ArmchairAllstar wrote:

Same problem hear on the 7216 in Newton, MA.  Sometimes it can be up to 5 minutes after turning the TV on before I get a response from pressing the guide button.  Tagging the thread to see when this will be fixed.

There is a schedule for these upgrades, but not public.  VHO 5 (used to be same dac as Mass., but mass. and RI seperated last year) just go the update yesterday.  Hopefully you will get it before too long.

FiosFrustrated

I have the Cisco DVR with a similar problem.  It works well for a time but frequently fails to respond to the remote, regardless of which button is pressed!  The solution being presented to me is to get a 7232 but it seems that may not be a good solution from what I am reading here.

Isn't the response time waiting for some kind of phone customer service rediculous?

Has anyone had the issue resolved?

0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

I got the update either late last night or early this morning. Platform 25.39 now displays. I'm in VH08 (PA). Posts on the DSL Reports forum claim other areas have already received their updates (VH05, VH11 and others). If you haven't received the update yet, be patient - it's on the way.

VHO List:

1 - Texas
2 - Florida
3 - California
4 - DC/MD
5 - NY
6 - MA
6A - RI
7 - NNJ
8 - DE/SE PA/SNJ
9 - Richmond, VA
9A - Norfolk, VA