Video On Demand delayed programming
sop21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was wondering why it takes Verizon FIOS so long to post shows On Demand.  For instance, HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm is new every Sunday, however, Verizon does not post the VOD the next day.  Comcast does not seem to have this issue.  They seem to post new shows right away.  I would have to say that even though I love FIOS TV and Internet, I like Comcast's On Demand a lot better.  They seem to have more TV shows and channels On Demand.

0 Likes
Re: Video On Demand delayed programming
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I wish someone at VZ would take this up to content management, and see if they can address this,  last few weeks shows have taken upto a week or more to update.   I can understand if the broadcaster isn't sending VZ the updated content, but it seems to happen on almost every VOD like nbc, abc, etc... etc...

any vz tech want to be a hero to the masses?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

I will pass this along, guys. Thanks.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

"Excelsior!”

0 Likes
sop21
Enthusiast - Level 1

AwesomeMan Very Happy

0 Likes
Irishize

I don't see that the problem has been resolved.  I have seen other posts where Verizon claims an outage on their end but this problem persists week after week.  As of today, 12/8, the most recent episodes are from 11/19 or before.  I'm talking about the free channels such as ABC, NBC, CBS, Bravo, USA, etc. as well as HBO and SHO series.  I agree with the gentlemen prior that FiOS is great but most of the TV I watch is either On Demand or DVR. If this problem is not corrected soon, I will consider going back to Comcast.  Is there a plan to fix this long standing issue?

0 Likes