Video Streaming Issues with FIOS
SuperPuppy1

I have multiple ways of streaming to my TV.

From my Computer:

• Verizon Media Manager
  • Windows Media Center
  • TVersity

Through these devices

When I first had Fios installed, I was able to stream perfectly from my computer through every combination above.

Note:  Streaming through Media Manager was the easiest, but with significantly less audio and video quality.

A few months ago everything stopped working.

Streaming through Media Manager became scattered

I was unable to connect my X-Box Media Center to my computer.  A few times that it did connect there was a 15 second lag after I press a button before it responds.  It also was unable to stream videos

Both my X-Box 360 and LG Blu Ray streaming stops and starts uncontrollably.

I had a service person come out and he reconnected my router wtih both the Coax and Ethernet, and for a while, everything worked as before..

Then suddenly a month ago, everything went bad again with the same symptoms I described above.

Verizon came out and replace my box, and again it started to work again.

Then the power in my house went out for a few minutes.  When everything powered back on, everything stopped working again. 

As of now, i am still unable to stream videos

My attempts to troubleshoot:

• I swapped out several powerful computers, each with the same symptoms.
  • Turned off the firewall on the PC and Modem
  • Rebooted the modem
  • My speed test showed 35.89/2.00mps

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Video Streaming Issues with FIOS
nj1958
Enthusiast - Level 3

verizon does not care!! after an incredible amount of calls to customer service and getting cut off or switched from one idiot to another and getting the same suggestions, "reboot, unplug, shutdown", etc. we've all heard these. service calls that take no less than a week to have them come and then they replace everything, again, 3 times so far since getting fios and 4th coming wed this week, yes, without service for the holiday!! my suggestion is to get rid of fios and go back to cable. the customer service cable companies offer alone is more than reason enough. verizon customer service does not exist, it sucks!! and they do not care!!!$$$$

0 Likes