Video and Audio Stutter
Geo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having problems where my shows are stuttering when I am watching them.

I thought it was just the recordings but also noticed it happening when watching live.

It happens randomly on all different channels.

I only watch HD so don't know if this happens on SD channels too.

I have only noticed this on my 7232 DVR. 

My 7216 doesn't have any stutter problems. 

I have recorded the stutter and uploaded to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSsArWl_ak

0 Likes
Re: Video and Audio Stutter
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the stuttering problems you are having. You said it's happening on one box and not the other. Just to be clear you can be watching the same show at the same time and its not happening on the other box?

0 Likes
Geo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, the stuttering only happens on the 7232 model.

I haven't tried watching a live show on both STB's at the same time when stuttering occurs but I have never encounterd stuttering on 7216 model recordings or live tv.

I record heavily on both models and only the 7232 model had dozens of show affected by stuttering on all different channels.

I did notice that everytime I turned on my TV these past few days the 7232 model was turned off and I had to press the menu button to turn it back on. I don't know if you guys are doing something on your end because I also notcied less stuttering in my recent recordings. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Glad to hear it's doing better. If it persists, please unscrew the coax cord that goes from the wall outlet to the back of the STB. Make sure the tips are straight and clean of oxidation. Screw both back on finger tight. If further assistance is needed please let us know.

0 Likes
Geo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am still getting the stuttering. I unplugged the coax and screwed it back in. Also tried the auto-fix. Nothing has helped so far. 

I was recently watching a live show on both dvr's at the same time and the 7232 model had stutter but the 7216 didn't. 

I was recording Hunger Games on both DVR's tonight and the 7232 had stutter and the 7216 didn't. When I was watching part of it live and the stuttering started happening I switched to another channel and that was fine but when I switched back to the Hunger Games the stuttering was still happening. I then went to the the 7216 dvr that was also recording The Hunger Games and there was no stutter at all.

The stuttering can get so bad that I can't even finish a show. 

0 Likes
gunnyhighway

I am also having the same issue with the 7232 DVR, picture lagging on different stations not all the time but enough to be a serious pain in the butt. I talked to verizon and he said it's a known issue with the DVR box and a software update will be rolled out in February to correct it... 

EDIT: i just watched your youtube video and mine is nothing that drastic.. just quick jumps of the screen, kind of like it's a minor buffer delay

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@Geo25 wrote:

I am still getting the stuttering. I unplugged the coax and screwed it back in. Also tried the auto-fix. Nothing has helped so far. 

I was recently watching a live show on both dvr's at the same time and the 7232 model had stutter but the 7216 didn't. 

I was recording Hunger Games on both DVR's tonight and the 7232 had stutter and the 7216 didn't. When I was watching part of it live and the stuttering started happening I switched to another channel and that was fine but when I switched back to the Hunger Games the stuttering was still happening. I then went to the the 7216 dvr that was also recording The Hunger Games and there was no stutter at all.

The stuttering can get so bad that I can't even finish a show. 

Sorry with the stuttering problems and the suggestions I offered didn't fix it. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Geo25,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
Coachdny
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'm in Queens Ny.. I have sound constant,y stuttering, and tv screen go black for a second and then back. Seems to be getting progressively worse. I have a Motorola 7232 box. Please advise.
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@Coachdny wrote:
I'm in Queens Ny.. I have sound constant,y stuttering, and tv screen go black for a second and then back. Seems to be getting progressively worse. I have a Motorola 7232 box. Please advise.

This is sounding like a signal issue. If it's only happening on one box, please unscrew the coax cord from the wall to the back of the DVR box. Once both ends are unscrewed, make sure the tips are good and straight then reconnect it. If you are still having troubles, try using a new coax cord to go in its place. If you still are in need of assistance, please reply back.

0 Likes