View HDTV signal on PC
LorenMaddy

I have a laptop PC and need to know what I need beside a cable card from Verizon in order to watch all of my hi def channel on my PC

0 Likes
Re: View HDTV signal on PC
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3
You'll need a network CableCARD tuner such as the SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME. That will allow you to watch TV using any PC connected to the existing network in your home, even over Wi-Fi.
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@UnnDunn wrote:
You'll need a network CableCARD tuner such as the SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME. That will allow you to watch TV using any PC connected to the existing network in your home, even over Wi-Fi.

Some products only work for the unencrypted channels, so check to ensure they accept a cable card.  Suggest you do a web search for "hd video tuner cable card" and follow the results for a number of options that will provide all content through use of a cable card.

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@PJL wrote:

@UnnDunn wrote:

This SiliconDust product only works for the unencrypted channels.  Suggest you do a web search for "hd video tuner cable card" and follow the results for a number of options that will provide all content through use of a cable card.

No, the HDHomeRun PRIME is a CableCARD-ready network tuner and will receive encrypted channel also.

0 Likes
LorenMaddy

Will the Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 do the trick?

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@LorenMaddy wrote:

Will the Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 do the trick?

It'll work just fine. A little less convenient than the HDHomeRun, since it needs to be connected via USB to your laptop, whereas the HDHomeRun allows you to use Wi-Fi, so you can put it next to your router and not have to carry it around with your laptop all the time.

0 Likes