Re: Vizio with no HD audio
Dwight6

I have tried to switch my audio to L-pcm but can not locate that setting.  What am I doing wrong?.  I have Motorola HD QIP 7100 1 Fios Cable box.  The issue with my Vizio is the Audio cuts off every once in awhile and will resume when  I change channels.  I thought is was the TV and Vizio sent my another TV but I still have the same problem.  Any ideas?  Thanks Dwight

0 Likes
TriniLady
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this post is over a year old it helped me so much!!!  I've been having audio issues with my tv after talking to TWO different verizon chat agents for almost 2 hours with them BOTH insisting that there is absolutely no way to change the audio output settings on the SBT with the new models, I was able to get to this "special menu" and do it thanks to your post.  At least one of you knows what you're doing and I'm very grateful for that.  Thank you so much!

0 Likes
TriniLady
Enthusiast - Level 1

"if the FiOS remote is closer to you hit power, OK then menu. You want to do this while the box is on.  This should get you to a white users menu screen, go down to 'additional HDMI settings' hit the right arrow and then to  'Output Audio', hitting the right arrow will toggle the audio to L-PCM. Afterwards just power the box off and back on and that will save the settings."

I have the same box set with no menu button on it and do these steps to get to those "secret" settings.  On the remote, hit power, ok, menu and you'll get the settings.  Worked for me!

0 Likes
Csendy111
I have the same box and the steps described are not available on my box. Shill have no sound on HD channels
0 Likes
Eagleeod
Worked like a charm! Wish I would have read this before I wasted 40 minutes on the phone with customer service only for them to tell me they were going to send me a new STB. Which would of had the same problem when it arrived!

Thank you!
0 Likes
Racegirl88

I have the new "cheap" HD STB model # QIP7100 2.  I have tried hitting the power button then Ok then menu but I only get the normal menu which doesn't have any option to choose HDMI output.  I tried it several times and can not get this "special white menu".  Any suggestions?  I am not sure if it makes a difference but my VZ remote is programmed to work both the TV & box.  If it does matter, how do you un-program the remote so that it doesn't work the TV? 

0 Likes
rwh6440

Many thanks to the persons taking the time to provide this resolution over a year ago.

I recently replaced two STB's as an upgrade to continue receiving certain channels.  The new STB connected to a big screen Vizio box was losing sound when flipping between channels too quickly or jumping between two distant channels.  After swapping out the box a couple times, replacing all the cables, and speaking with VZ many times, I found this posting.  When I again called VZ about it, they were not familiar with this solutioin.  After much consultation, they helped me get to the white screen menu, and the change was made quickly and has worked perfectly.

I had some difficulty getting to this new menu screen.  The process that worked on my new model 7232 STB was:

with TV and STB on:

press STB power button, then press OK on the STB, then press Menu on the Remote.  

The white screen of options comes up, and the audio line was changed from AUTO to L-PCM.

I powered off and back on, and the sound keeps working no matter how I change channels.

0 Likes
mindcleaner

had a similar problem with only on demand videos.  live tv worked just fine with the default settings. i changed my additional hdmi settings from auto to pass through and it solved the problem.  l-pcm mode didn't work on my vizio.

0 Likes
demmittb
I have the same box with the 4 way arrows and was able to access the white screen using another remote ( I have several set top boxes and TV's) that was not programmed to this TV using the procedure that hubo described
0 Likes
Not applicable
This is an old thread but still relevant. this fixed worked like a charm. Thank you!
0 Likes