Switch Account

Voice Activated Remote

Voice Activated Remote

SOLVED
Contributor eldogg
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(430 Views)

I have two TVs - one is HD but one isn't (I know it's old, but it's a smaller TV in a BR that works fine for the amount of time I use it). Does the new Voice-Activated Remote technology work with a non-HD tv set? If not, is it possible to get the new Voice-Activated Remote technology for the HD but use a conventional remote/box with my non-HD set?

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 2 of 3
(370 Views)

Yes you can but it doesn’t have an RF out so you have to use composite cables which are the yellow/red/white cables. The main DVR has the compsites built into the box. The mini box you need to use an adapter...

https://www.amazon.com/HDE-Triple-Composite-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B00CIC9KW2/ref=asc_df_B00CIC9KW2/?ta...

Highlighted
MVP clem53 MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3
(354 Views)

The mini should have come with the composite adapter that edg1 is referring to. There is a 1/8" Jack on the back of the mini it plugs into. It looks like a headphone plug with a yellow, white and red Jack  on short wires.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.