Switch Account

Voice remote overrides TV audio settings

SOLVED
Contributor
Contributor

Voice remote overrides TV audio settings

Message 1 of 2
(1,041 Views)

I have a Samsung TV and Bose sound bar/box.  I set up the voice remote manually with both devices, and both device model numbers existed in the selections.  Normally, when I power on, everything powers up and all is well.  Sometimes, however, the sound settings on the TV are overridden (not reset!) and the sound comes out of the *TV* at *maximum volume*.  TV is still set to external speaker (Bose box connected via fiber optic cable).  I have to then go to the TV menu and reset all audio settings (Sound Reset -> Reset All), and then change the Speaker Select back to External Speaker (Reset All changed it back to TV Speaker).

I tried setting the TV to a different brand so the remote would no longer control the TV/sound box, but it still sometimes overrides the TV audio settings, requiring a reset.  I also tried setting the TV to none, i.e., no TV selected, but the same thing still sometimes happens.

I've seen other posts about the Voice Remote changing settings on a receiver to some default settings, so this looks similar.  Is there any known problem with the Voice Remote that would cause this?  Is there a fix planned anytime soon?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Voice remote overrides TV audio settings

Message 2 of 2
(976 Views)

There was a recent box/remote upgrade that appears to have solved the problem (so far).  I noticed that now the fios box power-on light is delayed and the TV comes on first, then the fios box powers up.  It looks like this delay is to wait for the TV/sound bar to power on before attempting to interact with them.  This appears so far to have solved the problem, whatever the reason is.  I will repost if the problem returns.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Voice remote overrides TV audio settings

Message 2 of 2
(977 Views)

There was a recent box/remote upgrade that appears to have solved the problem (so far).  I noticed that now the fios box power-on light is delayed and the TV comes on first, then the fios box powers up.  It looks like this delay is to wait for the TV/sound bar to power on before attempting to interact with them.  This appears so far to have solved the problem, whatever the reason is.  I will repost if the problem returns.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.