Volume Control
notodd

Let me describe my fantasy. I use the volume control on the STB remote to control the TV Volume and the surround sound volume. I can do this using color stream and video out. I split the signal send it to the tv and the reciever. If the TV is on the STB controls the volume and if I turn on the reciever I kinda get surround sound, but not fully. You have to use digital out or hdmi to get the full surround effect.  Ahhhhh, but when I switch I can only control the volume with the tv remote. The surround sound stays static (tho it does respond to mute). Even if I run a digital signal out of my tv to the surround sound the optical and digital signals are not affected by the TV volume control. Just so frustrating. Any Ideas would help.

0 Likes
Re: Volume Control
thegeek
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Phillips (Verizon provided) remote is intended to control volume on one device. TV or stb. It doesn't work for every TV in existence since there are a limited number of codes stored.

I have a Logitech Harmony One that I use to control my STB, TV, AV Receiver, Blu Ray and DVD players. All the other remotes sit on the shelf and which they were needed.

0 Likes
Re: Volume Control
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would the ability to split the volume control on the Verizon remote so that the STB and TV volume buttons worked independently help? (i.e. when you press the STB device button at the top it would control the volume and channels on the STB and when you press the TV device button at the top it would control the volume on the TV)?

There is a code to split these functions -- I think it varies by specific remote, so if that would be useful, describe how many device buttons you have on your Verizon remote (2 or 4).