Volume control of home theater system
Uni68

I just upgraded to the new voice activated set top.   When I turn on my tv now it will activate my home theater sound system but I can only control the volume and mute using the TV remote not the Fios remote.  It was completely integrated with the old set top box.  How do I make this work?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Volume control of home theater system
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

After you’ve paired your Fios TV Voice Remote to your set top box, HDMI-connected TVs and Audio systems should automatically be detected and be controlled by your Fios TV Voice Remote.

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Automatic Setup
Once the automatic setup completes you’ll see a “Success” message in the top right of the TV screen,
If this does not work for you, please skip to step 2.
Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup
Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps,
You will see a “Success” message in the top right of the TV screen when the setup is complete.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

After you’ve paired your Fios TV Voice Remote to your set top box, HDMI-connected TVs and Audio systems should automatically be detected and be controlled by your Fios TV Voice Remote.

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Automatic Setup
Once the automatic setup completes you’ll see a “Success” message in the top right of the TV screen,
If this does not work for you, please skip to step 2.
Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup
Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps,
You will see a “Success” message in the top right of the TV screen when the setup is complete.

Uni68

Thank you.  I was able to pair the two systems.  Now, however, the volume control only works if the cabinet the audio system is in is open.  This was not the case with the older system.   Any ideas?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Fios remote is now using infra-red to control your audio system. It seems like you have a line of sight issue. You need to either reposition the receiver, get an IR extender for it, or try to get CEC to work between the TV and audio system. I'd try a cheap IR extender, they can be bought for around $10 in a lot of places.

smakro1

Followed these steps multiple times and still not controlling volume. I noticed that the 5 alphanumeric codes are now different from what worked before. How do you physically change the codes since neither auto nor manual mode work. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@smakro1 wrote:

Followed these steps multiple times and still not controlling volume. I noticed that the 5 alphanumeric codes are now different from what worked before. How do you physically change the codes since neither auto nor manual mode work. 

If you are using codes, you must have an 1100 box or earlier, not the Fios one. The previous instructions won't work with your setup. You have to use the code search method to do what you need.

0 Likes