Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Volume going in and out

BucksCtyGirl
Contributor
Contributor

Volume going in and out

Message 1 of 3
(2,405 Views)

Getting really frustrated.

For the past few months, the volume, usually transitioning from commercial to show, goes in and out. It will come on soft, I'll turn it up, it will start to go up, I turn it back to my normal range. A commercial will come on, it will go down. (I usually leave it - it's a commercial) but the show will come back on on that lower volume. Sometimes it will come back up after a moment, otherise I have to turn it up. And vice versa.

Watching a Great Barrier Reef special right now, and it is really taking away from just sitting back and relaxing, with the constant "can you turn that up?", "can you turn that down?" 

The TV is a practically brand new (almost a yr old) Samsung 4K curve. This doesn't happen when using a game system or steaming video, which makes me think it has to be a Fios issue. I saw posts with other similar issues, but with no solid answer.

Does anyone have one?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Volume going in and out

Message 2 of 3
(2,369 Views)

First post I have seen on this issue.

Couple of things:

1) Is stb connected direct to TV?

2) Is volume on stb max and set to fixed?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Volume going in and out

Message 3 of 3
(2,286 Views)

There are also audio dynamic range settings.  Personally I recommand off.  But it can be set to light or heavy (i know it defaults to one of these).  I always found this to cause wavering sound as they try to allow you to hear dialog even at lower volume settings.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.