Waited months now. Still can't activate remote dvr.
Mike5959
I have called in to support a few times and they get confused. They keep telling me that my multi room dvr is activated. I am trying to activate "REMOTE DVR" on the web. I do have a confirmation number on my STB but nowhere on the website to enter it in. PLEASE HELP. thanks.
0 Likes
Re: Waited months now. Still can't activate remote dvr.
Mike5959
I forgot to add. My box is listed on the site under STB. and when I view the settings on system information it shows as online.
0 Likes
red2001tj

Do you have another router between the ONT ethernet port and your Actiontec Router? I did and that was the cause of my problem (see this thread).

Got to love the lack of support/training of support staff for verizon....

0 Likes
Mike5959
I have a router but its on this side of the actiontec. I am using a sling box on port 5001
0 Likes
red2001tj
I'm guessing you don't have the Ethernet run from the ONT to the Actiontec, so you bridged the actiontec to your other router? In any case it seems that the only way to get this to work is to go to the default verizon setup. Unfortunately, the actiontec is a hunk of junk, so I won't be able to use the remote DVR feature as I can't live with the tiny NAT table on the router. It seems there's something special running on the acitontec besides just a simple port forward to enable remote DVR, and that something special is what's keeping non-standard installs from working.
0 Likes
Wheels55

"IF" you have the base Static FiOS Internet package and want to use your own router the solution is quite simple.  Every FiOS install I have seen has Static IP customers sharing an entire "C" Block of IP's subnetted with a "/24" and Verizon just lists the 5 IP's (or more) in that block that you are to use. 

Grab yourself a reliable 4-port switch and get to work.  Here's what I did.  The FiOS Tech shows up to add the TV service to my existing FiOS Internet.  I had him run the ONT's Ethernet straight in to my 4-port switch mounted inside my garage.  Mounted the Verizon router by the 4-port switch.  Ran a 1' patch from the switch to the Verizon router's WAN port.  Ran another 1' patch to my wall plate that leads in to my house to a WatchGuard Firebox X2500.  My X2500 has 4 of the IP's and the Verizon router uses my 5th IP.  The Verizon router's coax connection goes straight to the coax splitter to inject TCPIP to the STB's.

Absolute no computer data runs through my Verizon router.  Only traffic from my STB's does.  My install tech was mezmorized as he didn't think my idea with the switch on the ONT would work.  Of course it works... why not?  😛

I do share everyone's issue with not finding out how to activate my Remote DVR function.

0 Likes