Wake to FiOS? - A feature suggestion
jhenley

I would like to suggest a new feature, to add an alarm clock capability to the STB.

Specifically, it would turn on to a selected channel at a given time either everyday or weekdays only, and then turn off at a selected time.

It would also power up the secondary AC outlet.

Doing this would provide an wake up/alarm capability to watch your TV when you wake up.

I have yet to be able to find an alternative.

0 Likes
Re: Wake to FiOS? - A feature suggestion
Techman28
Master - Level 1
does your TV have a wake option to turn the TV on? if so leave the STB on and bam at the right time you choose you'll have that ability
0 Likes
jhenley
Yes, but my request is "greener" and would be more of a "win" for FiOS!
0 Likes
jhenley
Besides the obvious benefit of not having the STB turned on all night long (i.e. waste of power), the alarm feature could be tuned to a specific channel, so you don't have to remember to change the channel before you go to bed...
0 Likes
PSIMON1210

I agree about having the ability to "wakeup" the box at a certain time. Until 3 weeks ago, when I had that other cable company (that i won't mention, but starts with a C in the Norht East), I didn't need a box on my bedroom TV, and regardless of what I was watching as my eyes failed me at 1AM, I was always awakened to my channel of choice in the morning. I got very used to that.

Yes, my TV still comes on a the same time trying to wake me, but what it is carrying at that hour just doesn't wake me up. My usual programming does/did. 

Sure wish I had it back without worrying about it the night before.

---Paul in Southern NJ

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

PSIMON1210 -

If you have the standard definition STB  (2500 series) you can set a reminder for the channel / program you want to wake to and the STB will change to it for you.  At least that works for me, but doesn't answer the "green" issues of leaving the STB turned on (although with the DVR there is almost no savings, don't know about the SD STB).

0 Likes