Walk and chew gum
specba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just added FIOS TV. There seems to have been a problem with one of the 3 cable boxes we had installed. They're sending us a new one, but in the meantime we decided to upgrade our service to the extreme HD package. Verizon's system won't let the upgrade go through until the cable box issue is totally resolved.  Depending upon when they consider it resolved it could be a week or so. I called customer support and was told that the Verizon software can't move forward on a second order while one is not yet completed.

It seems Verizon's ordering system can't walk and chew gum at the same time. In my opinion, this needs to be fixed.

Re: Walk and chew gum
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately once an order is in the system it has to be allowed to complete in order to make any changes afterward. It's not so much walk & chew gum as it is driving while on a cel phone. Yes, you can do it, a lot of people do it all the time and hopefully no worries, but if something goes wrong, it can go terribly wrong. So our system can make changes on the fly like that, but to avoid possible trouble down the line, we follow certain procedures to help ensure everything runs smoothly.

Re: Walk and chew gum
tjarger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow.. I very articulate, honest reply.  Thank you!  This truly makes sense.

0 Likes