Want to go back to just HD and not have Quantum
dajode

Long Island, NY

Been having the issue for months.  The smaller boxes have the picture freeze on them and to fix it I have to reset the main media server.  Multiple techs sent to house.  Lines have been checked, cable boxes replaced, ONT replaced and it still happening.

Called asking if I can just "downgrade" back to the old HD boxes (like the Moto 7100) with no DVR and no media server.  Just want to be able to watch TV in HD and not have to reset everything almost weekly.  They told me the older boxes are no longer available and everything is now based on the media server type setup.

Is this true?  Never thought I would say this but they have me considering going back to Cablevision.  

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Want to go back to just HD and not have Quantum
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dajode,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes