Wanted By Verizon FiOs: Some Kid To Set Up our TV LIstings!
NotARepublican1

A few months ago, my old mother in Sarasot , Fl got a FiOs installation, ( Yikes,) and when it was new I attempted to set up her online and onscreen TV listings so that she wouldn't have to look at the hundreds of non-subscribed channels and the hundreds of redneck reality channels. THere was a means to do this!

In the last monthhowever, I can't find any indication of a way to limit channel listings. 

Everywhere else there are easy ways to make "playlists,"  custom menus, and "favorites," at least it was easy to do so in the late 90's.

Even if the Movie listings are selected, the customer should be able to delete channels from the line-up.

I think one could do this in the 70's and 80's with a remote control.

Are all the Verizon customers just handing over $1500.+ dollars per year for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wanted By Verizon FiOs: Some Kid To Set Up our TV LIstings!
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Try going to menu favorites. Enable modes and lady viewed guide state. Then change the guide to subscribed channels only, or make your favorites list. In the img 1.9 forum, another fios user naked Justin made a manual for the new guide that seems to be write nice and should answer most if you're questions about this. It is possible.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Last viewed not lady viewed. Typo bug
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Hubrisnxs wrote:
Try going to menu favorites. Enable modes and lady viewed guide state. Then change the guide to subscribed channels only, or make your favorites list. In the img 1.9 forum, another fios user naked Justin made a manual for the new guide that seems to be write nice and should answer most if you're questions about this. It is possible.

I really, really hope you meant "named", not "naked", as I suspect most people would be very offended if I were naked. Smiley Very Happy

For the record, here is a link to the document I wrote: http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/attachments/vrzn/IMG19/1989/2/FiOS%20TV%20IMG%20Getting%20Started_201...

I wrote the document for 1.9 of the IMG and it has not been updated for 1.9.1, but probably 95% of the information is still valid, since 1.9.1 just fixed some bugs (and also created a few) and added new function, it really didn't change most existing function.

Keller, TX 76248

Hubrisnxs
Legend

I hate my auto correct.  LOL   I was responding from my cell phone while waiting for the mrs to finish shopping.   

0 Likes
nysnowbird92
Enthusiast - Level 2

just go into your settings and go to favorites.. then you select what channels you want on the favorites list.. it's that easy..  just make sure not to press the guide button or you'll see all the channels.. you have to press the favorites button to see your selected list of channels.

0 Likes