Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Washed out video - Greenish tint overall picture

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Washed out video - Greenish tint overall picture

Message 1 of 5
(5,197 Views)

Recently I have started noticing a washed out image with a greenish tint on all channels.  Everything will be working fine, but after a while the screen washes out like a filter over it.  I believe the Multi-room dvrs have a green issue with hdmi, but the entire screen goes green right?  I can still see the picture but it just a color tint all over. 

If I switch inputs on the TV, the image is fine again. Or turn it on/off again  Could this be the TV? 

52XBR4 (Sony) with HDMI from the QIP 7216 (1.6.2 Guide)

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: Washed out video - Greenish tint overall picture

Message 2 of 5
(5,125 Views)

Could be the TV, but the first thing I would try is re-seating the HDMI cables at both end (diconnect/reconnect them) or try using component Video cables to make sure you don't have a cable/contact issue at one end or the other.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(5,053 Views)

Ok - I have swapped out the hdmi cable and used a different input on the TV.  I experienced the same issue, so I am feeling it is the DVR. 

My guess is the DVR is passing a marginal HDMI signal.  I am wondering if the DVR can be swapped or if I should wait and see if the 1.7 upgrade ever gets pushed out to my area - to see if that helps.

How does one get a DVR swapped?

Thanks

Mark

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 4 of 5
(5,044 Views)

@pfeifler wrote:

Ok - I have swapped out the hdmi cable and used a different input on the TV.  I experienced the same issue, so I am feeling it is the DVR. 

My guess is the DVR is passing a marginal HDMI signal.  I am wondering if the DVR can be swapped or if I should wait and see if the 1.7 upgrade ever gets pushed out to my area - to see if that helps.

How does one get a DVR swapped?

Thanks

Mark

You've elimitated the cables and the TV input, but not the TV itself.  Can you try a different TV?  Can you try component inputs to the TV? 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(4,997 Views)

Thanks.  I do not have the issue with my playstation 3 using the same HDMI port.   It looks like I have more HDMI issues then just the washed out colors.  I have seen black images for 1 or 2 seconds, snow for 1 or 2 seconds and the color wash out which stays until I switch inputs and back. 

I am not sure about the audio as I am using an optical cable for sound to my receiver and the sounds stays fine during each of the temp issues.

I am hoping the 1.7 HDMI fixes will solve this but I guess I could have a bad DVR. 

Are these normal issues for the 7xxx series with 1.,6?

Mark

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.