Re: Watch DVR Recordings on your iPhone and iPad
gdub2
Does anyone know if we can watch our DVR recordings on iPad or iPhone when away from home?
0 Likes
Mz079
No, we cannot, not that I am aware of. Would LOVE to have this capability Verizon!!
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Mz079 wrote:
No, we cannot, not that I am aware of. Would LOVE to have this capability Verizon!!

Need something like a slingbox to do this.  Such boxes can be used with Verizon but of course need a fair bit of upload capacity on your FIOS network.  On the otherhand a number of channels can be viewed directly from their suppliers if you have them from Verizon, examples ESPN, HDNET, HBO, etc.

0 Likes
jianozi

But thats only true if your connected to your home router

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jianozi wrote:

But thats only true if your connected to your home router

At least some of these channels allow access even if you are not at home.  This is different from the 75 channels or so that you can stream with a Fios App.

0 Likes
rickc1296
Enthusiast - Level 2
When I click on link it says I do not have sufficient authority to view this thread? Is it a secret thread?
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are referring to a thread on the idea Exchange, that entire board has been taken offline until it is revamped in the New Year. We apologize for the inconvenience.

0 Likes
BUjohni
Is this EVER going to happen? Xfinity has been doing this for over a year now!
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rumor has it by the end of the year. but that may be out of the house.

Depending on how DLNA support works out this summer, you might be able to watch them in your house soon if you have Quantum.

BTW, XFinity does it as part of their cloud DVR. So their architecture supported it.

But I have heard some anecdotable complaints on how well it works in the home (slowness being one).

0 Likes