Watch FiOS with DCT700 on computer?
Kitti

Before I switch to FiOS I have Comcast.  I use my computer with USB TV tuner connected to Comcast Digital Adapter.  I can watch the programs on my computer.  I try to do the same setup with FiOS with Motorola DCT700 but I get the channels on my Computer but it's very bad quality.  Now I'm thinking I may need to upgrade my USB TV tuner.  Before I do that I would like to know more details about the specification requirement for TV turner.  Therefore I can look for the right hardware.

Can anyone help providing me more specification details?

Thanks

Kitti

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Watch FiOS with DCT700 on computer?
chinorider
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use the DCT700 to watch TV on my PC and it is great (minus the goodies like guide and HD).  I have a very old tuner card and I am running WIN7.  I would check the coax between the DCT700 and the USB tuner.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chinorider
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use the DCT700 to watch TV on my PC and it is great (minus the goodies like guide and HD).  I have a very old tuner card and I am running WIN7.  I would check the coax between the DCT700 and the USB tuner.

0 Likes
Kitti

Dear Chinorider,

I will try using the different coax cable.

Thanks

0 Likes
hokie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does your tuner card have composite input jacks (yellow one for video, red/white ones for Left/Right Audio)?

If so, you might want to try using the composite output from the DCT700 to your computer.  When I moved to FIOS and had to get the DCT700, the composite connection should actually give a better quality signal (and I believe better audio as well).

0 Likes
Kitti

I did change the Coax cable and the problem solved.  I think I got the better quality from FiOS than Comcast.

Thank you.

0 Likes