Re: Watch stuff that I've recorded on the DVR on my laptop
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I found this on the Slingbox website:

Effective November 9, 2020, Sling Media’s Slingbox products will be discontinued. (So, they've already been discontinued.)

and

Slingbox servers will be permanently taken offline November 9, 2022, at which point ALL Slingbox devices and services will become inoperable.

and

Slingbox is not shipping any new product, and most authorized resellers have been out of stock for a couple years.

So much for Slingbox.

Verizon should offer its customers the option of renting hardware that allows its customers to watch stuff on a laptop or desktop that they've recorded on the DVRs . Verizon doesn't own the TV shows & movies that their customers record. Come on, Verizon! Get your act together!

I'm not dead set against using an app. I'd rather use a free app than pay for additional hardware. I don't understand why Blustacks requires running Blustacks in a virtual OS. That's 2 programs to learn how to use & update. And 2 programs might conflict with one another. Android Studio is an emulator. I wonder if I can use that to run the FIOS app.

Is there an iOS app for those who have iPhones &/or iPads?

Since it appears that there's no hardware solution, I'll search for an emulator.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@pcnerd wrote:

I found this on the Slingbox website:

Effective November 9, 2020, Sling Media’s Slingbox products will be discontinued. (So, they've already been discontinued.)

and

Slingbox servers will be permanently taken offline November 9, 2022, at which point ALL Slingbox devices and services will become inoperable.

and

Slingbox is not shipping any new product, and most authorized resellers have been out of stock for a couple years.

So much for Slingbox.

Verizon should offer its customers the option of renting hardware that allows its customers to watch stuff on a laptop or desktop that they've recorded on the DVRs . Verizon doesn't own the TV shows & movies that their customers record. Come on, Verizon! Get your act together!

I'm not dead set against using an app. I'd rather use a free app than pay for additional hardware. I don't understand why Blustacks requires running Blustacks in a virtual OS. That's 2 programs to learn how to use & update. And 2 programs might conflict with one another. Android Studio is an emulator. I wonder if I can use that to run the FIOS app.

Is there an iOS app for those who have iPhones &/or iPads?

Since it appears that there's no hardware solution, I'll search for an emulator.

Sorry about the Slingbox, didn't know they discontinued it. Yes, the Fios app is available for IOS devices. The emulators do their own updating, and run as virtual machines on your PC much the same as you run Windows as a virtual machine on a Mac. Forgot to also mention options from TiVo if you want a hardware solution.

verizonextremeJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to watch my dvr recordings on my laptop or computer. The screens are much larger. Why would i want to compromise my eyes watching on my tiny phone and tablet screen. Verizon needs to add this feature. And no I don't have the m1 chip yet.

0 Likes