Watching DVR Recordings from Win 10 PC
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I have an app on my Android phone which allows me to watch recording from my FIOS DVR. I would like to know if there is a way that I can watch those same recordings on my Win 10 PC.
Re: Watching DVR Recordings from Win 10 PC
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model DVR?

Quantum VMS supports dlna.

So you might be able to get a program to access it.

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I have a VMS1100 DVR where I can record upto 6 programs at a time so I believe that it is the Quantum. Further information, I went to tv.verizon.com and tried watchhing live TV. When I used Chrome I get a message on the screen "Couldn't Load Plugin" but if I tried it in IE it works fine. Do you know what plugin I need for Chrome, also is there a way I can watch programs that I have recorded on my DVR from my PC (same as I can do from my phone)?
0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I solved the problem with Chrome (I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it). Now I still do not see any way to watch programs on my PC that I have recorded on the DVR and would appreciate it if anyone knows how to advise
0 Likes
QuantumPete
Enthusiast - Level 1

You need to use the Verizon Fios Mobile app to watch your recordings on remote devices. The mobile app is available for Android and iOS so you will need an emulator to run the app on a Windows machine.

An emulator is a program that makes one type of machine act like another type of machine thus allowing the software to run. In this case, to make your PC look like an Android device so you can run Android apps.

You will need to search for an Android emulator and install that first. You can then go to the App store, download the Verizon Fios Mobile App, and setup remote access to the DVR. It's a little time consuming but not that hard to do.

In the Stream from DVR to PC thread, HardCastle said that he is using the Bluestack Android emulator.  http://www.bluestacks.com/ so that might be a good place to start.

As with any software install, read several reviews first before you install programs (especially free programs) and make sure you have adequately prepared for recovery if things go wrong.

Pete

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks for the response. I followed your instruction and I got FIOS Mobile to run on my PC. I was able to watch a live program (not all that showed up but some). When I tried watching program recorded on my DVR I got a message that it could not connect to my device. I then saw the "remote Control" symbol and tried using it to connect to my quantum service but it would not connect. BTW, I did this while I was in my home connected to my FIOS internet by WIFI.. So thanks for your help but if you have any further instructions I would appreciate it.
0 Likes
KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

There is still no way to do this.  I have tried numerous Android emulators and all of them only allow to stream from "the Cloud" instead of from the DVR.  Verizon desperately needs a Windows app and some people other than me need to start talking about it.

Scott_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. It doesn't happen often but there are times when I want to watch a program I've recorded on my DVR while traveling, e.g,, in a hotel room. My daughter has Comcast and she can do it -- watch on her phone, watch on her iPad. And she can even download a DVR'ed program and watch it offline. I'm sure there are some restrictions on all of this but Fios definitely needs to allow me to watch recorded content whereever I want.

And like Karl, I want to do it on my PC. Not just on my phone.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have Quantum DVR, you can watch it on the road, just like your daughter.

On a phone or on a tablet.

I do it all the time.

Unfortunately, no download support for offline yet.

And there isn't support for PCs (mac or Windows).

0 Likes
joanna700
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is now April 2019.  Anyone got a way yet?  To watch programs recorded on a DVR on a Windows computer, and not just on my smartphone?