Watching DVR content offline
barryc2

I have read in several different sources that the latest firmware update for FIOS Quantum will allow FIOS customers to watch their recorded DVR content offline on mobile devices such as an Ipad.  Specifically, will we be able to watch our DVR shows when we do not have wifi access, such as an airplane?  With the amount of money I spend on premium cable channels, I would rather not spend even more money to download content from Itunes.

When will this feature become available...there are many people asking?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Watching DVR content offline
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Right now FiOS requires active Internet to stream DVR content.

0 Likes
barryc2

Yes, I am fully aware of that, as most people are.  I am hoping someone from Verizon could answer the question I am asking.   Will you soon be able to download your recorded content on your DVR to a mobile device to watch offline?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

this is a peer to peer support forum.

Verizon doesn't answer any issues here.

0 Likes
smicon

any updates to this?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has not announced any changes to this capability.

0 Likes
Baz3

Sorry to hear this.  While Comcast doesn't let you download the DVR content, they provide lots of content that can be downloaded for viewing offline, like on an airplaine.

Hope Verizon catches up.

0 Likes
wbrechka

Verizon is really falling behind on this Comcast, YouTube TV, Direct TV, and few others allow DVR content to be downloaded for offline viewing.  I am happy thta NETFLIX finally woke up and realized that internet access is not always available.

When will VERIZON get the message? I am planning on going elsewhere when my contract expires if they don't have this service avaiable.

0 Likes
DVR content available offline
wbrechka

Does anyone know if Verizon is working on allowing DVR content to be downloaded for offline viewing?  I know Comcast and several others already have this feature avaiable I am hoping it comes soon or I may need to look elsewhere once my contract renews.

0 Likes
Twonplus1

Xfinity lets you do it. I thought Verison was better than Xfinity.

0 Likes