quick menu

Watching DVR content offline

Watching DVR content offline

Contributor barryc
Contributor
Message 1 of 11
(5,984 Views)

I have read in several different sources that the latest firmware update for FIOS Quantum will allow FIOS customers to watch their recorded DVR content offline on mobile devices such as an Ipad.  Specifically, will we be able to watch our DVR shows when we do not have wifi access, such as an airplane?  With the amount of money I spend on premium cable channels, I would rather not spend even more money to download content from Itunes.

When will this feature become available...there are many people asking?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 11
(5,906 Views)

Right now FiOS requires active Internet to stream DVR content.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor barryc
Contributor
Message 3 of 11
(5,863 Views)

Yes, I am fully aware of that, as most people are.  I am hoping someone from Verizon could answer the question I am asking.   Will you soon be able to download your recorded content on your DVR to a mobile device to watch offline?

Platinum Contributor II
Message 4 of 11
(5,856 Views)

this is a peer to peer support forum.

Verizon doesn't answer any issues here.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor smicon
Contributor
Message 5 of 11
(4,530 Views)

any updates to this?

Platinum Contributor II
Message 6 of 11
(4,517 Views)

Verizon has not announced any changes to this capability.

Contributor Baz
Contributor
Message 7 of 11
(3,450 Views)

Sorry to hear this.  While Comcast doesn't let you download the DVR content, they provide lots of content that can be downloaded for viewing offline, like on an airplaine.

Hope Verizon catches up.

Contributor wbrechka
Contributor
Message 8 of 11
(2,815 Views)

Verizon is really falling behind on this Comcast, YouTube TV, Direct TV, and few others allow DVR content to be downloaded for offline viewing.  I am happy thta NETFLIX finally woke up and realized that internet access is not always available.

When will VERIZON get the message? I am planning on going elsewhere when my contract expires if they don't have this service avaiable.

Contributor wbrechka
Contributor
Message 9 of 11
(2,812 Views)

Does anyone know if Verizon is working on allowing DVR content to be downloaded for offline viewing?  I know Comcast and several others already have this feature avaiable I am hoping it comes soon or I may need to look elsewhere once my contract renews.

Contributor Twonplus1
Contributor
Message 10 of 11
(145 Views)

Xfinity lets you do it. I thought Verison was better than Xfinity.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios