Watching Dr content remotely
BobR31

I have been away from home for a while now. The first few weeks I was away, I was able to watch Dvr content a great deal of the time with hotel WiFi. For the last couple of weeks I have not been able to watch anything even when I am in a location the seams to have strong wifi. It play for about 10 seconds and just stops. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Watching Dr content remotely
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you use the device at home on your wifi does it work?

Have you tried removing and reinstalling FIOS Mobile app?

0 Likes
donenrique
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spoke to a rep while wrangling about my new monthly bill. She was trying to tell me all the benefits I would receive with a new package. She mentioned using the FIOS app for DVR access, streaming, live TV, etc anywhere in the USA. I told her I used to be able to use the app for these services but that it doesn't work any more. She said that I needed a new, upgraded DVR for more rental money for this to work now. So, unless you have the new, higher prices DVR (of course!), you are limited to watching at home on your device. But that defeats the entire purpose of the FIOS app.    

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is my understanding that only Quantum hardware allows you to watch content via app.

And that is both in home and out of the home.

And I also believe that you can stream live channels independant of being able to stream DVR content.

What channels you can stream is less outside of your home vs when at your home.

0 Likes