Watching TV shows on computer
SRAZ9799

I'm a new FIOS subscriber (switched to FIOS on 1/3/12). My previous TV provider had a service where I could watch episodes of network TV shows and other content (including shows/movies from premium channels that I subscribed to) for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. Before I switched to FIOS, I called their customer service and was assured that FIOS offered the same sort of service. However, after searching the website and calling tech support (as well as sending 2 unanswered emails), I have not been able to get an answer to this (the tech support rep could not figure this out). Everything on Flex View appears to have a fee associated with it (I don't care about watching on multiple devices, I just want to be able to catch up on some shows I miss on my laptop), I don't think I should have to pay for content that I already subscribe to. Does anyone know if FIOS has a service that I'm just having a hard time finding where I can watch shows from networks (like ABC and so on) without having to pay per episode? 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Watching TV shows on computer
FiOS_Fan_01844
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm curious about this too. As a former Comcast customer, we had tons of content available online.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what Comcast had, but I believe you can watch any of the premium channels (HBOGO, Showtime, EPIX, etc) that you are subscribed to. Haven't heard that you can watch any network show for free that non cable subscriber would have to pay for.

There is work underway for an iPAD app to allow viewing of shows at home.

0 Likes
SRAZ9799

Yes, I'm a former Comast subscriber too, and really liked the availability of so much content online for streaming (not just premium channels, but regular networks and other "cable" networks. I was finally able to talk to someone in FIOS tech support who appeared to know what he was talking about - apparently there is nothing on FIOS that duplicates what Comcast makes available, Flex View is their product that comes close at this point. The technician indicated that he believes there is a product/service in the works that would make more content available online for subscribers, but no timeline for this.

0 Likes
KarenJ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I recently switched from Comcast to Fios too and am SHOCKED at 1. this extra expense and 2. the limited amounts of TV shows you can see to catch up.  Comcast had essentially the entire season for almost every seasonal show.  You could go on demand and watch anyone free as those channels are mostly all included in the basic cable package.  For Fios, they barely have any of them and you have to pay $2-3 per episode on Flexview.  I can't understand how they can say they're comparable but if you use this function you spend a lot more money.  The same is true to watch anything online.  It's under flexview and costs additional money. Xfinity had all this free.  I feel like I HAVE to be missing something but just spent an hour with three different people on chat support and was told that's the way it is because they offer so many other great things, but so does Comcast.  Anyone know if I'm just missing something?

Karen

0 Likes