Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Weather Channel Availability

turbo
Contributor
Contributor

Weather Channel Availability

Message 1 of 2
(864 Views)

The Weather Channels that are offered on my cable line-up are based in Philadelphia.  I DO NOT LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA.  I live about 50 miles away.

When I had Comcast, they offered the Weather Channel from East Windsor, NJ...where I live!

I have checked with several of my neighbors and the report that Cablevision also offers LOCAL versions of the Weather channel

It appears that ONLY Fios offers a version of the Weather Channel that does not pertain to MY location.

Also, every other Cable system offers access to Channel 12 NEW JERSEY news.

Again, FIOS does not!

I guess FIOS doesn't care where I live, they will just give me whatever THEY want and not what I want.

1 REPLY 1
PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Weather Channel Availability

Message 2 of 2
(858 Views)

@turbo wrote:

The Weather Channels that are offered on my cable line-up are based in Philadelphia.  I DO NOT LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA.  I live about 50 miles away.

When I had Comcast, they offered the Weather Channel from East Windsor, NJ...where I live!

I have checked with several of my neighbors and the report that Cablevision also offers LOCAL versions of the Weather channel

It appears that ONLY Fios offers a version of the Weather Channel that does not pertain to MY location.

Also, every other Cable system offers access to Channel 12 NEW JERSEY news.

Again, FIOS does not!

I guess FIOS doesn't care where I live, they will just give me whatever THEY want and not what I want.

If you're refering to the HD version of the Weather channel, that is indeed the national feed.  If you are referring to the SD channel "Weather Scan" (channel 49), this is provided on a VHO basis.  You apparently are served by the same VHO that provides service for Philadelphia.  In my area (Southern California) VHO3 serves most of the Southern California area, from Pamona to Temecula to Long Beach to points north west.  But Weatherscan scolls to show informations for all of the major areas in that large geographic area.   This was not always the case, but it is now. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title