Weather Widget Woes (Weather Channel widget missing, Weather Bug widget looses city)
charliebarrett
Contributor - Level 2

Hi,

I noticed that the Weather Channel widget went missing a couple of days ago. it's great for a quick look at the week and hour-by-hour forecast.

I searched both widget list widgets and also tried from the main menu. it all goes to the same widget selector application.

So I tried Weather Bug, which is okay but it looses my default city at times, especially before you expand it.  I'm in Texas, but randomly it might show Boise Idaho or New York when I first press the widget button and scroll to it. 

Often, it will correct itself when I press the select button to make it expand to full screen, but several times it didn't - it actually showed the random city in my city list, and was defaulted to it - my city had disappeared from the list.

Also, the "My Widgets" list is missing from the widget selector application now. It never did work right (couldn't get rid of that dumb Horoscope widget) but at least the ones that I had as favorites were added.

I rebooted my DVR and ran diagnosis , which passed - Weather Bug was working at the moment after I rebooted, but the day is young, and it seemed random.

Rebooting didn't fix the other things I mentioned, though - Weather Channel widget was still missing, My Widgets menu option missing.

also I wish Weather Bug would expand to  full screen. it's half - screen and harder to read than Weather Channel. Weather Bug has a better radar though, and it will go full screen and regions can be selected - but it requires secret buttons.  I played with all the arrow, select, and DVR ff/rewind buttons and finally discovered how to select radar region and go full screen with the radar - but the Weather Bug widget itself stays at half - screen.

0 Likes