Weather bug widget
Auburnative

The Weather Bug widget will not show the radar screen. It says to check the internet connection. I have rebooted the router and no change what is the problem??

0 Likes
Re: Weather bug widget
grasshopper6878

I have the same problem - radar does not work on my Verizon Fios TV WeatherBug - tried the reboot thing, the router thing ....... Verizon created a repair ticket, which kept updating a repair projection every 6 hours ...... for almost a week .... then they sent me an email saying problem was fixed ..... then they sent me an email saying my repair ticket was closed ..... they told me everybody in the Northeast had the same problem ....... one women said they were working on the problem 24 hours a day ....... really?! ......  it's all **bleep** ...... they must be lying ........ they said it's been out for everybody since 10/19/18 ....... I'm guessing it's a contract dispute but they keep denying that also .... the last guy I spoke to said WeatherBug was a 3rd party and Verizon keeps "emailing" them to fix the problem ....... hello, has anybody there ever heard of a phone? .... what nonsense! .... I should pay my bill like this

0 Likes
Urgh1

Yup, it has been out here, too. Is anybody listening?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

I just tried on my IPC and works just fine.

0 Likes
SaulRd

Here's what Verizon "Executive Customer Advocacy" has to say on this:

Verizon is alleging they have no control over what goes out (or in this case, does not go out) over their system, not even to the extent of modifying the ridiculous on-screen message about internet service, etc.  If there's a contract between Verizon and WeatherBug and the service is non-existent or dysfunctional, then that's a plain and simple breach of contract.  Message to Verizon:  Take the **bleep** Widget down until it gets fixed.  Stop playing games with your subscribers.

0 Likes
JohnnyS1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I opened a ticket 3 weeks ago on this. They even wasted time sending a tech who replaced the ONT. No help.  Today the radar option has been removed!   I think Verizon doesn't want to pay for the data.  Why do they keep raising prices and taking away services?  My local cable company still has the local Weather Channel radar feed. Might be time to switch back. 

0 Likes
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I rely on the radar map because the rest of weatherbug; i.e., the temps & detail are not always reliable but the radar helps me to plan for inclement weather.  This hasn't been working for over a month and it's driving me crazy. You get messages when calling Verizon that don't make sense and none of the phone reps can help.

Verizon really sucks at customer service.  YES, so true...they keep taking services and channels away, then lie about it.  The stupid "messages" feature is never used to convey much of importance except for their notices and the channels being removed.  Now they have started a new off shoot called OATH which includes AOL and Yahoo so they have screwed up my email as well because of their invasive privacy policies.  I bought Verizon stock and even though it's not much, I plan to vote against every single person currently holding an executive position.  I'm so sick of Verizon and their lack of concern for their customers.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

0 Likes
Weather Bug Widget
baware

The FIOS Weather Bug widget is not showing local radar anymore in Massachusetts. When this first started in November 2018, I opened a repair ticket with Verizon. I was told it would be fixed in 2 weeks. Repair ticket got closed so I ropened another repair ticket after 2 weeks. This ticket got closed with no widget repair. When I called, I was told they removed the radar for now because not working. No idea when will be made available again.

Has anyone else reported this problem to repair or experiencing no radar?

Any one know a way to get this brought up to a higher autority at Verizon?

0 Likes