Weatherbug Widget Not Keeping Zip Codes
ajk2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since The Weather Channel was terminated and the Accuweather Channel was added, the Weatherbug widget does not keep the zip codes I enter.  What am I doing wrong??

Re: Weatherbug Widget Not Keeping Zip Codes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have found the same thing.

So we both can't be doing it wrong Smiley Happy

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

CRobGauth and OP.

What is weathebug widget defaulting to for you.  For me it remembers serveral Zip codes.  My NY address, a local FL town (not correct) that it assumes is associated with my ZipCode, and the correct town.  And stays with the default I give it.

WeatherBug 2.3.1 on a VMS box.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@tns_2 wrote:

CRobGauth and OP.

What is weathebug widget defaulting to for you.  For me it remembers serveral Zip codes.  My NY address, a local FL town (not correct) that it assumes is associated with my ZipCode, and the correct town.  And stays with the default I give it.

WeatherBug 2.3.1 on a VMS box.

My experience is similar, except that all towns are correct. I have my home town as the default, and two others set, and all are remembered correctly, I can switch around between them, etc., don't lose anything.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mine is defaulting to a town 30 or so miles away.

If I try and add my hometown zip, it says it is already on the list.

But it isn't visible in the list.

And when I try to add the next town over, it adds, but doesn't show up next time I go in.

Wish there was a way to clear it out and start fresh.

0 Likes
Papa-Tom
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are doing nothing wrong -- accuweather is broken.  It will not keep alternate zip codes when you exit and restart.

It was already broken when verizon dropped weather channel, which always worked.  you could program W/C with either zip codes or searching city names!!

accuweather has never worked correctly.  it would constantly give me "new" cities I did ot program.  It substituted new cities that began with the same letter -- boise for baltimore, st louis for sykesville, etc

0 Likes