Re: Web access to DVR "Bad Gateway" & "Set-Top Box - 000109658305xxxx. is not res
FiosBilliam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info lasagna, I just have to make sure I keep a copy(ies) of my rtr config handy.

Bill

0 Likes
Re: Web access to DVR "Bad Gateway" & "Set-Top Box - 000109658305xxxx. is not res
kajjmlk

So I am another person with this problem.  I am getting EXTREMELY frustrated, bc this comes after months of problems with our last set top box and even some wiring issues (that have been resolved but took MONTHS and HOURS of phone calls).  Now we've switched from Tivo to the Verizon DVR and I am starting to think we've made a big mistake.  I would be SO grateful for help on this.  

We are getting:  'Set-Top Box - 0000007031568246 is not responding.' and then Bad Gateway.  https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/Schedules.aspx  And of course all recordings fail...

I am afraid to go ahead and reboot the router bc I'm not sure what kind of information we will lose.  If I can figure that out and find the information ahead of time I'd be a lot more confident!  Please let me know if you can.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Bionic
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem and have tried working through customer service but they have blown me off several time this week saying my issue has been sent to the DVR tech and someone will be in touch.

Trying to figure this out myself I've noticed that the port forwarding rules for  both my DRVs are disabled.  From what I'm gathering the only way to fix it is to do a hard factory reset on the router which means I lose all of my other custom settings.  I do have a backup of the router configuration but it's from after the issue began.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Have you guys tried the mrdvr troubleshooter. Its a new update that's supposed to fix the issue. Click on dvr and then mrdvr troubleshooter
0 Likes
Bionic
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bit the bullet and did a hard reset on my router last night then went through the process of doing all of my custom settings again.  Didn't actually take too long because I had kept notes of everything.  Anyway, still no luck with the online access to the DVRs.  The previously disabled port-forward firewall rules are no longer in the router which I guess is a step in the right direction because there was no way to activate them once they became disabled.  Now I need to figure out how to recreate them.  I don't know if the tech manually created them during my install or if the DVRs somehow generate them.

Now instead of a "bad gateway" message I get "not responding" which might be progress.  I don't have problems with multi-room DVR access although I haven't checked since resetting everything last night.  I also went into the settings on both DVRs and disabled/re-enabled internet access for remote DVR - no luck.

0 Likes
Bionic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's an update on my situation -

Someone from VZ contacted me through the forums here and asked me to submit some info through an online form link.  About an hour later I got a phone call asking me to check something on my DVRs.  I was at work so couldn't do it right away.  When I got home I checked my router and there were some new port-forward rules for the fire wall and I now have online access to one of my two DVRs.\ but the other reports "bad gateway".

Here are the new entries.  My DVRs are .102 and .104 - .102 is working, .104 is reporting bad gateway.  Also, .13 is my netbook which for some reason has a new entry that doesn't have an option to delete and is reported as a coax connection even though it's running wireless through a WAP (I have disabled the Actiontec wireless).

192.168.1.100:8082 Application
TCP Any -> 35000
Broadband Connection (Coax) Active  

192.168.1.101:8082 Application
TCP Any -> 35003

192.168.1.102:63145 Application
UDP Any -> 63146

192.168.1.102:8082 Application
TCP Any -> 35001

192.168.1.103:8082 Application
TCP Any -> 35002

192.168.1.13:50000 Application
UDP Any -> 63145

0 Likes
Bionic
Enthusiast - Level 3

One more just popped up and now both my DVRs are accessible online.

192.168.1.104:63145 Application
UDP Any -> 63147

0 Likes
NJ_FAN

Same problem here.  Seems to have started after I returned one of my DVR's.  Looks like all the port forwarding rules have also been disabled.  I went and tried creating my own by forwarding UDP ports 63145 through 63149 to port 63145 on my STB, no luck.  Thinking maybe something on the backend is messed up.

Don't know if I even want to try to call tech support and waste my time trying to get this to work.

0 Likes
mthewhite
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this issue as well. I upgraded to the 500gb dvr and haven't been able to use remote dvr at all. 

I've done a hard reset of my router and reset by stb a few times now and nothing changes.

0 Likes
arciooh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured out a fix: Reset the upnp settings and then enable them; on you router's web page, go to Advanced->Universal Plug And Play, and enable the "Enable Automatic Cleanup of Old Unused UPnP Services" check box; click apply; then do the same and unclick it. That seemed to remove the old IPs for the STBs and set them up in the correct order, and enable port forwarding for port 61345.